Last week I was headed out on a delivery as I normally do. Went to shift from third to fourth at about 35 mph, and suddenly I had no throttle. Just...none.

The gas pedal felt fine. It didn't feel like anything had physically broken. The engine did not sputter or act like it was going to die. No matter what I did with the pedal, the engine simply would not rev. Actually, it felt like the car was engine-braking.

I could plant the gas pedal to the floor, the rpms wouldn't change, and the ECO light would even stay on. If I depressed the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the engine would rev to about 3,000 rpm instead of quickly taching out to redline.

Soon after this, everything went back to normal. No CEL. For the rest of the week it was fine.

But it happened again last night...only two or three times instead of just once. My theory is the accelerator sensor is going bad. The car isn't revving because the sensor isn't telling it to rev, and the ETACS system isn't sensing a problem with the sensor such as a open circuit.

Anyone else ever had this happen?? Gonna get a replacement accelerator pedal sensor (actually the complete pedal assembly), swap it out, and see if that cures it. From what research I have done, the sensors are the same for '14-up and for both manual and CVT cars. Part number is 1600A093. I could not find in the FSM any indication that this part needs to be 'married' or 'coded' to the car using an MUT-III. Should be plug-and-play.

I will keep you guys posted.