Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Eyeing 2020 or 2021

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Yeah theres a reason we got a 17 se. Its the nicest one offered with a Manual as far as I can tell. That more maybe an RF package.
    Since the 2017 Mirage update, the 2017-2020 ES & 2017 SE have been the only manual offerings. One year the RF CVT trim level (ES CVT with a Rockford stereo) was offered.

The SE & GT have remained unchanged since 2017 (except for the dropping of the SE manual option after 2017).

The same cannot be said of the ES trim level, however. The ES has changed/gained the backup camera/Bluetooth (2018), 6-way adjustable driver's seat/cruise control (2019), & automatic climate control (2020).

A 2017 SE would have the same features as 2020 SE. The same cannot be said of the ES.

Last edited by Mark; 12-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Sometimes those things can be easily dealt with. Sometimes they are catastrophic, and require the complete teardown of a vehicle. Imagine a main wire harness that goes under the carpet gets added but it is for a vehicle with a manual seat. And say the vehicle being built has a power seat. The seats are close to the last things installed. If they put the seat in and find no power connector available to power the seat because they've got the wrong wire harness, they're in a world of hurt. I've seen Hyundai just crush brand new vehicles (with a track-hoe ... quite entertaining) versus the labor / time / expense related to rebuild. I agree a loaded out Mirage with a 5 speed would be awesome. But guys like us that may pay for all the options and then want a 5 speed may be few and far between.

So, they try to limit build variation AT ALL COST, to reduce the chance of a catastrophic build failure as described above. Toyota was very effective like that. Hyundai, meh it happened on an occasion. Frequently the "pool" cars, those turds we'd move around the outside (sometimes inside) of the plant with, within the confines of the FTZ were such reject cars. We had one that was completely missing some kind of critical suspension component. They didn't even want to repair that. Drove just fine around the plant.
    Yeah stuff like this does indeed happen like crazy. Theres a year of second gen eclipse where all the RS's had sunroofs for free. This wasnt because mitsubishi was being nice its because they mistakenly made to many sunroof body shells. Because who in the world choose to have the car with roll up windows but opt for the sunroof lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up closing the deal on a 2020, new, silver ES with fog lights, arm rests, floor matts, and tonneu for $11,820 (including $500 military retired discount), plus doc fee @ $599, plus tax and gov't fees; less $7,400 trade. Monthly payment is $93 for 72 months with $5,700 being the total financed. It was built September 2019, and had spent at least part of its non operational life at a dealership in Georgia; and at then at this Clarksville, TN dealership for more than 100 days. So far, so good, but it's far more crude than I noticed in the test drive...I mean, we noticed the loudness of the engine, but the transmission and clutch noises are almost comically loud and whiny and clunky.

Anyway, the 44 mpg shown on the display after the 130 mile trip home at 66 mph in snow showers amd high wind makes up for all of that lack of refinement.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregsfc For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-05-2020),MetroMPG (12-05-2020),MirageRally (12-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
    I ended up closing the deal on a 2020, new, silver ES with fog lights, arm rests, floor matts, and tonneu for $11,820 (including $500 military retired discount), plus doc fee @ $599, plus tax and gov't fees; less $7,400 trade. Monthly payment is $93 for 72 months with $5,700 being the total financed. It was built September 2019, and had spent at least part of its non operational life at a dealership in Georgia; and at then at this Clarksville, TN dealership for more than 100 days. So far, so good, but it's far more crude than I noticed in the test drive...I mean, we noticed the loudness of the engine, but the transmission and clutch noises are almost comically loud and whiny and clunky.

Anyway, the 44 mpg shown on the display after the 130 mile trip home at 66 mph in snow showers amd high wind makes up for all of that lack of refinement.
    Congratulations on your new Mirage. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Congrats!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post

Oh yes, road noise will also now be your friend. But once you break that baby in and learn her ways, your mileage will put a smile on your face.

2014 White SE with CVT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-09-2020)