Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mirage just got louder

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My Mirage just got louder

After my speaker upgrades, the factory HU can barely put out enough clarity around mid-range. I wanted more so i added a 4 channel amp for interior speakers and a mono class D amp for the woofer. Oh yeah i added a woofer.

here are the photos. BTW, the amps are micro amplifiers made by NESA
    4 Channel = 2000 Watts
    Mono = 1500 Watts
    http://www.nesavision.com/amps-TD-48.html
    http://www.nesavision.com/amps-TD-60.html

Nowhere to put the amps so i put it under the Front Passenger seat.

It's a quick job ( 6 hours w/ custom harness made) so excuse the wiring

Enjoy

Last edited by pureflipking; 01-07-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nice job. How does it sound now?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

f0k4l (04-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Nice job. How does it sound now?
    it sounds way better and clearer. i adjusted the interior speakers just for mids and highs while the woofer does the lows. even with the coax speakers, im very satisfied. but it still cant compete with my Audi's bang and oulfsen system

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd way rather have a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage than any Audi, pureflipking. Seriously! Mitsubishi does carbuilding the best. IMHO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    I'd way rather have a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage than any Audi, pureflipking. Seriously! Mitsubishi does carbuilding the best. IMHO.
    I can respect that. Mitsubishi builds reliable vehicles at low cost. I'm terms of engineering design between two companies is luxury. Not just bells and whistles but ergonomic design with accounting human design factors. For example. Audi provides far much quiet ride which eliminates wind and road noise and even engine from the cabin where noises creates stress. And there is much more behind it like adaptive suspension, intelligent power distribution between each axles, etc.. , but check out an Audi when you get a chance, test drive one, you'll know what I'm talking about. To some people it's about luxury, to me it's engineering. Cause I'm one.
    Soon I'll post up about lessening road noise on the mirage. i noticed something in the suspension that's missing.
    Last edited by pureflipking; 01-08-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd love to go around the Mirage cabin with a decibel meter and see where most of the noise comes from. I hear rubberized undercoating works nicely for minimizing noise. Of course it does add weight.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On the topic of noise reduction, our first mirage got "The Protector" rustproofing package at the dealership. Our second mirage did not get any treatment. Both are manual DE models, differing only in paint and rims. The first mirage is quieter, with less engine & road noise. Wind noise seems about the same, but that's hard telling.

Come spring I plan to spray some rubber undercoating or something in at least the wheel wells of the second car.
    Last edited by fifteenwindow; 01-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-08-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool. I look forward to hearing how much that helps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    On the topic of noise reduction, our first mirage got "The Protector" rustproofing package at the dealership. Our second mirage did not get any treatment. Both are manual DE models, differing only in paint and rims. The first mirage is quieter, with less engine & road noise. Wind noise seems about the same, but that's hard telling.

Come spring I plan to spray some rubber undercoating or something in at least the wheel wells of the second car.
    i am also considering on doing that. it will eliminate some lower body vibrations and a bit of insulation.

But most of the road noise comes from the wheels/tires from the impact to the ground and vibration it produces. from what i noticed, the springs that sits on the struts (front suspension) seems like a direct contact, meaning there is no rubber in between to dampen the vibrations cause by different types of road. And of course, different tires will produce different road noises but some noise are also from vibrations. I am going to test that theory out with a silicon sheet and see if it helps. ill post result as soon as i get to do it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pureflipking For This Useful Post:

fifteenwindow (01-08-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like another good idea. I'm looking forward to seeing that.