Thread: Swapping the OEM Apple Carplay/Android Auto unit into a 14-15 ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Swapping the OEM Apple Carplay/Android Auto unit into a 14-15 ES

So I have a 2015 Mirage ES with the factory bluetooth setup that has the microphone in the ceiling. After some investigation, swapping in the later unit is not a plug and play affair. The microphone in the car is a two wire setup (although it can support a three wire connector) and it goes to an odd plug along with other stuff to the factory bluetooth ecu.

There's two solutions so far that I've come up with to add the unit... use the 17 add on harness and the microphone that sticks to the column or pull a ton of wiring out of an 18-20 and run the wiring up to the microphone, down the "A" pillar, through the dash, and into the microphone. Obviously, the add on harness is way easier and also makes it easy to add a universal backup camera since there's an RCA jack there you can hook it to. But part of me doesn't want to do that because of the microphone already being in the ceiling... I want to USE that microphone and it bothers me.

Sort of related... the base touch screen radio from a 18-20 Mitsubishi basically anything with the microphone built into the front of the radio plugs in and works just fine with the car so that's another easy route to go plus that has an HD Radio tuner if that tickles your fancy.

Anyway, that's today's fun findings. Figured I'd share them with you guys.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (10-08-2020)