Thread: Mirage Sales - 1,388 for the month of December

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mirage Sales - 1,388 for the month of December

With the month of December sales figures posted, it looks like the Mitsubishi moved 336 more units over its last month of full sales in November. 1,388 to be exact. Not bad for a car that was only supposed to move 570 units per month or 7,000 units annually in the United States; it's doing better than Mitsubishi expected and proves that there is a market for inexpensive, basic transportation with good fuel economy in the US. Nissan first proved it with the Versa Sedan (Autoblog also hated that one too; it went on to become the best selling subcompact for more than a few months). Not everyone wants or needs handling like a Mini Cooper, power like a Corvette, and build quality like a 7-series BMW as auto media outlets would like you to believe. Congrats Mitsubishi and congrats to owners like you all.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/10...sa-canada.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxtrot685 For This Useful Post:

elaine122681 (01-10-2014),m4v3r1ck (01-08-2014),Mitsuman (01-08-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Yup true, it's still way much better than trio Toyota Aygo, Peugeot 107 and Citroën C1

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With the month of December sales figures posted, it looks like the Mitsubishi moved 336 more units over its last month of full sales in November. 1,388 to be exact. Not bad for a car that was only supposed to move 570 units per month or 7,000 units annually in the United States; it's doing better than Mitsubishi expected and proves that there is a market for inexpensive, basic transportation with good fuel economy in the US. Nissan first proved it with the Versa Sedan (Autoblog also hated that one too; it went on to become the best selling subcompact for more than a few months). Not everyone wants or needs handling like a Mini Cooper, power like a Corvette, and build quality like a 7-series BMW as auto media outlets would like you to believe. Congrats Mitsubishi and congrats to owners like you all.

Nice comment and this is how I feel completely about cars. I pretty much find Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Road and Track in printed form to be a chore ta get through they're so biased against economy cars. Unless it's a Toyota Prius (BARF!!). Economy cars rule - mine is a '08 Lancer GTS compact yet I consider it an economy car - I get 31mpg highway and 23mpg in the city. With ghastly prices the way they are and the oil companies running to the bank laughing at everyone I want a car that gets great ghastly mileage. Hence my huge interest in the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage.

FYI: sales thread for the US...

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage sales in US & Canada (projected 7000/yr for the U.S.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)