Thread: Lowering Set or Coilovers?

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Lowering Set or Coilovers?

I'm thinking of replacing the suspension set of my mirage, I found a lowering set for KYB with a Lowfers shocks and KYB F-Flex lowering spring. Just what to know any comment, suggestion or opinion if I should go with a lowering shocks and springs set or a coilovers. Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For what purpose? Appearance? Performance? How important is comfort? How important is it to be able to carry a load in the back, or passengers in the back seat? How much money do you want to spend?

Lowering springs with good shocks have their place. Lower springs with stock shocks have their place. A good coilover kit has its place.

Which one do YOU need?
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    For what purpose? Appearance? Performance? How important is comfort? How important is it to be able to carry a load in the back, or passengers in the back seat? How much money do you want to spend?

Lowering springs with good shocks have their place. Lower springs with stock shocks have their place. A good coilover kit has its place.

Which one do YOU need?
    Purpose would be performance and a little bit of comfort, I can save to get the lowering shocks and springs set same with coilovers, what bothering me is if I go with the lowering shocks and springs set does it better than to have with coilovers or the other way around.

What bother me with coilovers is the maintenance or expense in the long run and adjusting it if needed with usage than the lowering shocks and springs set, if the shocks already in bad shape their is a same parts that can be order conveniently

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like you should go with a set of springs. If you don't need the adjustability of coilovers, it's simpler to just skip that. You can go LOWER with coilovers, and possibly have better performance (if everything is adjusted properly). But, you'll have better ride quality with most spring sets.

Just make sure they're not lowering too far with insufficient spring rate. Best to find something that others have used and had good luck with on this particular car.

Simplify and add lightness.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

2of9 (10-13-2020),kianmiranda (10-12-2020),Top_Fuel (10-13-2020)