Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I saw a Canadian Tire ad at the world series live in Texas. Canadian Tire is big in texas now?
    Aren't advertisements targeted at their audience?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yea but how could that be, on live TV? I'm talking about my sports broadcast, live to my TV from Texas, beamed to my cable box in my living room in Ontario yesterday (go astros).

Are we that advanced now? I get internet ads work on that idea. That's why the Mirage forum are looking for a bride ads, and weird earwax removal ads, that gross me out, all the time.

What I'm talking about the is a real, knock knock physical Canadian Tire billboard that was right behind the catchers mound. From the perspective of the pitcher basically. In Texas. Seems weird right?
    Last edited by dspace9; 10-17-2020 at 11:27 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha! Well, I would like to personally thank you for the German beer purity law which influences brewers around the world...
    Beer is considered part of a staple diet in most of Germany, Czech, Slovakia, and probably most of Austria and Croatia. Closely monitored by authorities in most of those countries.

I don't know what could be more difficult, to convert a bavarian catholic to protestantism, or to get a bavarian to drink a beer that doesn't conform with the German beer purity law! Beer purity has almost religious status in Bavaria and neighbouring countries.

On the other hand, the south-west of Germany is a premium wine-growing area, and in bordering France beer is quite different. The Kronenbourg brewery in Strasbourg, a former German city, brews-up something with rice or you-name-it added, absolutely revolting to most folks on the other side of the border.
    Last edited by foama; 10-17-2020 at 12:29 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-17-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I work in TV, and advertising is paramount for the clubs! Advertising brings real money, the tickets only a tiny fraction. Actually you could call top league football games (wittlessly called soccer) advertising events, and the game just a decorative side-line, or bait for getting an audience.

Same thing when I worked in in a US base near Kazan/Poland to create the Hyundai Superbowl ad, you could easily think advertising was more important than the game. To us it was. We had three 3D 4K projection set-ups including bi-directional one-hop satellite links on base plus a viewing theatre during the entire game, and when the superbowl game finished, our 90 second spot was immediately on air, edited and approved with all images except the first few seconds shot on both sides of the Atlantic during the same game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0TTKmW3PTY

Nowadays you can see one set of TV crews covering the game from one side of the stadium, and another set from the other. Why? Viewed from side one, the ads are for one country, and from the other side the ads are for a different audience. The ads play the music, not the event.

What about this: Nowadays we have machines that generate ads wherever you want in the TV picture of the event, only those ads aren't really there. They may replace all or some of the ads on site. Perfectly Indistinguishable from reality. Each broadcaster receives the pictures with the ads for his particular audience. It is so perfectly done, nobody at home or in the stadium realizes.
    Last edited by foama; 10-17-2020 at 12:26 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Q: Do you enjoy beer?

Me: not particularly, I do love drinking chocolate milk! Maybe as I get older I will enjoy something? lol
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I work in TV, and advertising is paramount for the clubs! Advertising brings real money, the tickets only a tiny fraction. Actually you could call top league football games (wittlessly called soccer) advertising events, and the game just a decorative side-line, or bait for getting an audience.

Same thing when I worked in in a US base near Kazan/Poland to create the Hyundai Superbowl ad, you could easily think advertising was more important than the game. To us it was. We had three 3D 4K projection set-ups including bi-directional one-hop satellite links on base plus a viewing theatre during the entire game, and when the superbowl game finished, our 90 second spot was immediately on air, edited and approved with all images except the first few seconds shot on both sides of the Atlantic during the same game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0TTKmW3PTY

Nowadays you can see one set of TV crews covering the game from one side of the stadium, and another set from the other. Why? Viewed from side one, the ads are for one country, and from the other side the ads are for a different audience. The ads play the music, not the event.

What about this: Nowadays we have machines that generate ads wherever you want in the TV picture of the event, only those ads aren't really there. They may replace all or some of the ads on site. Perfectly Indistinguishable from reality. Each broadcaster receives the pictures with the ads for his particular audience. It is so perfectly done, nobody at home or in the stadium realizes.
    Not sure if "The Media is the Message" now but it sure sounds like that is true. Lots of money in sports, but then again not sure why so many cutbacks to athletic programs in the USA. All the big bucks in euro football and usa style football. But I think you can't have the chicken without the other eggs for athletics to compete at a high level. You need the advertisers and the sponsors, but also the amateur professionals in all the different kinds of sports. I heard that even Ivy League schools cancelled many athletics departmentts, as well as Philosophy and Languages departments. Like we are entering a crazy world with Alexis on and no books lol. No humanities and no sport.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not a beer drinker, I'm a wine drinker, all kinds, all blends. It's a fun way to pass the time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My intestines abhor alcohol now sadly. If I drink a dark heavy beer at 9pm, I'm on the toilet at 5am crying, feeling like I have to pinch off a deuce but I can't. Alcohol inflammes my intestinal lining. Since I've given it up my quality of life has improved dramatically.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fine English hard ciders do a number on me... sure taste good, but then the next day I wake up with a blob of alcohol in my tummy, and I puke. And I like the taste of alcohol, but the reflex remains lol.

I haven't been able to find my go-to no bitter beer face beer lately. Ended up buying stuff that the guys who lived in old camper trailers at the junk yard used to drink. Lucky lager....It was on sale, was wet and cold so wtf.
    Last night I picked up a 48 pack of pbr on sale for $50. I cut back on the beer for the last few months so I've got a lot of catching up to do this weekend.
    I remember when we were kids we used to go to my grandparents cabin at Mt Baker rim, Washington every summer. My dad would load up the motorhome with cheap beer from the gas station in Glacier, it was cheaper than pop lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)