Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I love bitter personally. Black coffee, strong ales.. olives.. breakfast of champions

I would have gone for James Ready 5.5 instead of Lucky Lager. Merry Happy Ho Ho's

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I just go off the 90's keystone commercials.
    Do they even have beer commercials anymore or are they too offensive now?
    I had to look up wth James ready was lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's a good one. I remember the annoying Bud ads from the 1990s, with the frog croaking Bud-wei-ser.

James Ready is one of the discount beers here in Ontario that is fairly popular. Lucky Lager for the ale crowd. Labatt 50 is always my beer of choice, costs around $26 bucks for a 12 pack of bottles. Good luck finding it sometimes though. 50 went from a bottom-barrel beer, to now being priced the same as Heineken.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That's a good one. I remember the annoying Bud ads from the 1990s, with the frog croaking Bud-wei-ser.

James Ready is one of the discount beers here in Ontario that is fairly popular. Lucky Lager for the ale crowd. Labatt 50 is always my beer of choice, costs around $26 bucks for a 12 pack of bottles. Good luck finding it sometimes though. 50 went from a bottom-barrel beer, to now being priced the same as Heineken.
    I've never seen labbats 50 either. Keystone used to be cheap now it's the same as bud and canadian. Lucky went up in price too once it became more popular. I don't know whatever happened to mountain crest. That was pretty gross beer with horrible commercials!
    I prefer the bud dude and wassup commercials!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've never seen labbats 50 either. Keystone used to be cheap now it's the same as bud and canadian. Lucky went up in price too once it became more popular.
    Lucky was a 24 for $24 at one point. 24 for 24. I feel like Lucky is more similar to blue. Molson Canadian is a pilsner I believe. Not a lager like Blue, or an ale like 50. Depends on how the yeast is brewed and processed, I read up on it a while ago about the differences of beers. I went on the Labatt brewery tour once over 10 years ago.

My favourite Canadian beer after 50 is probably Sleemans honey cream ale. That is some good beer for sure. Some of the other sleemans are kinda weird eh. The honey cream ale is really good.

For European Beer brands I am not a big Heineken fan, but I like Carlsberg quite a bit. Not sure where Richard's red and white is from, the white beer with the orange slice in a pint is actually good.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Being as I've just found The Lounge I have to re-open this thread as reading through no British beer shown. British get caned for drinking "warm beer", that's because we have proper bitter and fine ales that should never be refrigerated. Lager, yuk, I wouldn't wash my car with that stuff. In summer I do drink some very strong cider but my favourite is Bitter, good ales and in particular Indian Pale Ale.
    Two of my favourite breweries are Shepherd Neame in Kent over 300 years old and still independent. Then the Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire.
    One bitter from Shepherd Neame is Bishops Finger ( don't ask where the Bishops finger has been) The bishops finger is a pointing arrow for travellers shown on the label.

I cannot upload any bloody pictures so cannot show.

www.shepherdneame.co.uk › beer › bishops-finger

www.wychwood.co.uk
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Being as I've just found The Lounge I have to re-open this thread as reading through no British beer shown. British get caned for drinking "warm beer", that's because we have proper bitter and fine ales that should never be refrigerated. Lager, yuk, I wouldn't wash my car with that stuff. In summer I do drink some very strong cider but my favourite is Bitter, good ales and in particular Indian Pale Ale.
    Two of my favourite breweries are Shepherd Neame in Kent over 300 years old and still independent. Then the Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire.
    One bitter from Shepherd Neame is Bishops Finger ( don't ask where the Bishops finger has been) The bishops finger is a pointing arrow for travellers shown on the label.

I cannot upload any bloody pictures so cannot show.

www.shepherdneame.co.uk › beer › bishops-finger

www.wychwood.co.uk
    Around here in southern Ontario, your beer taste of IPAs and other ales, as well as hard ciders, would peg you as a total hipster. In my local LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario store) I oveheard their most popular beers are busch light lager.

I love ciders and ales personally, and that bitter taste. I have only had a few British ales, as well as some Trappist beers from belgium. One called Chimay. My local one is Labatt 50, same ale mix since 1933 or something.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Around here in southern Ontario, your beer taste of IPAs and other ales, as well as hard ciders, would peg you as a total hipster. In my local LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario store) I oveheard their most popular beers are busch light lager.

I love ciders and ales personally, and that bitter taste. I have only had a few British ales, as well as some Trappist beers from belgium. One called Chimay. My local one is Labatt 50, same ale mix since 1933 or something.
    I cannot tolerate lager at all but give me bitter, a good IPA or other capable beer. My beer drinking began in 1968, in those days lager was not as popular as it is today. Europe predominately, is all lager. Not for me.
    Name:  237673e6ef06e456206cabf04b6cc4f1.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  77.7 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My every day beer is Labatt 50 Ale. I also like Carlsberg and that's a lager, but I don't like Heineken that much. If someone gives me a Heineken, that's okay and I'll enjoy it, same with a Guinness, it's "okay" to me.. but not my go-to. I respect it with its different aspects for sure.

Once in a blue moon I will order a Heineken or a Guinness at a restaurant., or their house beer or I will try any beer, but I have my beer favourites.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    My every day beer is Labatt 50 Ale. I also like Carlsberg and that's a lager, but I don't like Heineken that much. If someone gives me a Heineken, that's okay and I'll enjoy it, same with a Guinness, it's "okay" to me.. but not my go-to. I respect it with its different aspects for sure.

Once in a blue moon I will order a Heineken or a Guinness at a restaurant., or their house beer or I will try any beer, but I have my beer favourites.
    I like Guinness, we have canned stuff with a "widget" in it (to emulate draught beer) that need refrigerating. We also have XXX Guinness that proclaims to be as good as the stuff from the 50's and 60's. Nice stuff.
    I've been to the Guinness brewery in Dublin, great experience and tasted many beers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-23-2021)