Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Weed!

Title says it all. Now that prohibition is slowly being chipped away in the states and the stigma of use is going out with the baby boomers, does anyone have a favorite strain?

Here's mine:

Maui Wowee
    Sasquatch
    AK-47
    Jeff Stryker's revenge
    Bubblegum popcorn
    Rent Paid
    Ex-wife dead
    Hindu Kush
    Justin Trudope
    Covid420

Feel free to add your favs gentlemen!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Not my cup of tea so to speak generally but I will say this. I live near 2 small towns that adjoin each other here on the Oregon Coast with a combined population of about 30,000 people. We have 15 recreational dispensaries. Fifteen! That's more than the number of grocery store / mini markets combined here. No stigma here, it's literally like going to a convenience store. In fact one of the dispensaries here in town is also a fishing/tackle shop also.

For comparison the City of Hillsboro in the Portland Metro area with a population of over 110,000 has 6 dispensaries. If a town of 30,000 people can keep 15 dispensaries in business there has got to be a whole lot of consumption. A lot.
    Last edited by inuvik; 10-15-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    the stigma of use is going out with the baby boomers
    You realize that "baby boomers" (born 1946-1964) defines the generation of people who were hippies in the 60's and 70's, right? Every member of every rock band of the 60's and 70's is a boomer. Not exactly an anti-drug time to be a young person in the US! The generation you're thinking of is the generation before that. The "silent generation" born between 1928 and 1945, they're getting pretty ripe with the youngest being 75 years old at this point. Boomers will be around for at least another 20 years, as many of them were born in the early 1960's.

That said, I'm Gen-X and I don't care about weed one way or another, as long as you're not putting me or anyone else at risk while you're doing it. I think it should be legal and taxed, just like alcohol and cigarettes.

And, I drove through Oregon on vacation a couple years ago... I, too, was amazed by the number of weed shops throughout that area!
    Simplify and add lightness.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

daleWV (10-16-2020),Pryme (10-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I guess Dirk was absent the day they showed Refer Madness in high school health class?!?

Name:  rmadness.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  48.8 KB

I don't care what you smoke...but how do you get hired anywhere? Is there any employer who doesn't drug test before hiring these days?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk I thought you where from Georgia? That place still has very Draconian anti-weed laws on the books.

But I agree it should be legal and that its a waste of police resources to bust potheads and hippies. I would prefer to see the police go after violent crime instead of stoners in tie dyed t-shirts
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    And, I drove through Oregon on vacation a couple years ago... I, too, was amazed by the number of weed shops throughout that area!
    I forgot that there is another dispensary under construction here in town to bring the number to 16 when it opens---yeesh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

Feel free to add your favs gentlemen!
    Whatever is on sale, but Gelato is a good one..

I still feel weird ordering weed from the government store; feels real weird being ID'ed right at my house. Anyway, big thanks to Castro Trudeau. Legalization was obviously the right choice.

Since legalization, prices dropped big time at the "corner stores" I actually buy my weed from. Who wants to pay tax.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Whatever is on sale, but Gelato is a good one..

I still feel weird ordering weed from the government store; feels real weird being ID'ed right at my house. Anyway, big thanks to Castro Trudeau. Legalization was obviously the right choice.

Since legalization, prices dropped big time at the "corner stores" I actually buy my weed from. Who wants to pay tax.
    What about growing your own? Is that now allowed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-16-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What about growing your own? Is that now allowed?
    I stick to my roses!!

But yes, up to 4 plants a household is the legal limit. I just can't be bothered myself. So much effort. My friends are all growing crops now in their backyards.

I live alone, and I work so much, that I feel weed plants in the backyard might bring robberies. It's a safe small town here.. but I don't want all my lawn equipment, and tools stolen. Seems like a red flag for attention.

The big legal grow-ops are a sight to see. Basically greenhouses, surrounded with barbed wire, and they stink! I feel bad for property owners who bought next to an old greenhouse, only to have it converted to weed. I love it but it stinks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here in Oregon you can possess at a private residence:

• 8 ounces usable marijuana (dried leaves and flowers)
    • 1 ounce cannabinoid extracts or concentrates (must be purchased from a licensed marijuana retailer)
    • 16 ounces cannabinoid product in solid form
    • 72 ounces cannabinoid product in liquid form
    • 10 marijuana seeds; AND
    • 4 marijuana plants

All at the same time, not separately so you can legally keep a lot at home.

Last edited by inuvik; 10-16-2020 at 05:08 PM.