Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    As for your other questions you can't argue with the fact that there has been hardly any deaths associated from cannabis usage. That stat in itself invalidates any arguement that alcohol has a role in society but pot does not. There's no getting around this by splitting hairs.
    Did I ever say marijuana has no role in our current society?

...next time I'm in Cleveland you and I are eating pot brownies and going to the Rock n Roll hall of fame, I must insist upon this.
    I won't knowingly consume marijuana as I can't afford the risks. Maybe at some point later down the road but at this point in my life it is not worth it. I have other priorities to address. However, I find it both amusing and a little concerning that you are trying to convince me otherwise (pusher???...)

Do you think that regarding marijuana culture one perception is too many marijuana users are not making responsible choices and are instead prioritizing getting high over improving their lot in life?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hockey riots in Vancouver, you gotta admire the passion for the sport. I'm still mad the Atlanta Thrashers left as they had a solid fanbase in Atlanta.
    Did all of Vancouver burn to the ground?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Did I ever say marijuana has no role in our current society?

I won't knowingly consume marijuana as I can't afford the risks. Maybe at some point later down the road but at this point in my life it is not worth it. I have other priorities to address. However, I find it both amusing and a little concerning that you are trying to convince me otherwise (pusher???...)

Do you think that regarding marijuana culture one perception is too many marijuana users are not making responsible choices and are instead prioritizing getting high over improving their lot in life?
    All of my friends that imbibe have productive lives and it hasn't gatewayed into crack use or anything like that lol. However as alcoholism runs rampant in my family, including my brother who just checked out of a 30 day rehab stint after experiencing a small seizure from trying to go cold turkey, I'm firmly rooted in the "nothing has ruined more lives than alcohol camp". With that said, alcohol is going nowhere because for most folks it's not a liability in their lives and nor is cannabis.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Did all of Vancouver burn to the ground?
    Now we're back to splitting hairs over a toungue-in-cheek joke. I'm extending the olive branch my friend, on all of this. Grab it with me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All of my friends that imbibe have productive lives.
    Ok, here’s a problem for me because I get the impression that some important details are being glossed over here.

Do you really think that just because you can’t see any problems that they don’t exist? Meaning, do you acknowledge that marijuana use either is or can be a problem for some users?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok, here’s a problem for me because I get the impression that some important details are being glossed over here.

Do you really think that just because you can’t see any problems that they don’t exist? Meaning, do you acknowledge that marijuana use either is or can be a problem for some users?
    I think both alcohol and marijuana could open up a bad can of worms for the wrong sucker who is disposed to addictive behaviour.

Happens to gamers too, though that's not as internally destructive. That is more like gambling. Anyway, I bet most people who drink a bit are not alcoholics, and I don't see why pot use would be that different. Maybe it is? But we have to be careful seeing through one bad case and taking one bad apple and thinking the whole bushel is spoiled.

The majority of pot smokers I have known over the years, and over many fields and walks of life, have never touched harder drugs. I can't speak for myself on that one, but most people I know who smoke pot don't really have any "problem" - and I'm not looking through rose coloured lenses there either.

Edit sorry it's just a slippery slope into the government controlling your body and actions and thus your freedom, but that's just my opinion eh. Cheers! Colts game was a good one today.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks

Link to a 40 year study showing it's actually alcohol that should be considered the gateway drug, not cannabis.

https://www.bakerinstitute.org/bennett-charts/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Link to a 40 year study showing it's actually alcohol that should be considered the gateway drug, not cannabis.

https://www.bakerinstitute.org/bennett-charts/
    Back to the question - do you acknowledge that some people will have problems with marijuana? Because it sounds to me that you think that marijuana can cause no harm whatsoever and is only good in each and every way. I’m probably wrong but want to make sure that I understand you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Back to the question - do you acknowledge that some people will have problems with marijuana? Because it sounds to me that you think that marijuana can cause no harm whatsoever and is only good in each and every way. I’m probably wrong but want to make sure that I understand you.
    It can stimulate weight gain that's for sure, as I just polished off a half bag of ranch Doritos and they were slightly stale. Touche Eggman....touche.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It can stimulate weight gain that's for sure, as I just polished off a half bag of ranch Doritos and they were slightly stale. Touche Eggman....touche.

Look up the relationship between marijuana and psychosis, and marijuana and schizophrenia. An inconvenient truth.