Thread: Weed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Weed!

Title says it all. Now that prohibition is slowly being chipped away in the states and the stigma of use is going out with the baby boomers, does anyone have a favorite strain?

Here's mine:

Maui Wowee
    Sasquatch
    AK-47
    Jeff Stryker's revenge
    Bubblegum popcorn
    Rent Paid
    Ex-wife dead
    Hindu Kush
    Justin Trudope
    Covid420

Feel free to add your favs gentlemen!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Not my cup of tea so to speak generally but I will say this. I live near 2 small towns that adjoin each other here on the Oregon Coast with a combined population of about 30,000 people. We have 15 recreational dispensaries. Fifteen! That's more than the number of grocery store / mini markets combined here. No stigma here, it's literally like going to a convenience store. In fact one of the dispensaries here in town is also a fishing/tackle shop also.

For comparison the City of Hillsboro in the Portland Metro area with a population of over 110,000 has 6 dispensaries. If a town of 30,000 people can keep 15 dispensaries in business there has got to be a whole lot of consumption. A lot.
    Last edited by inuvik; 10-15-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    the stigma of use is going out with the baby boomers
    You realize that "baby boomers" (born 1946-1964) defines the generation of people who were hippies in the 60's and 70's, right? Every member of every rock band of the 60's and 70's is a boomer. Not exactly an anti-drug time to be a young person in the US! The generation you're thinking of is the generation before that. The "silent generation" born between 1928 and 1945, they're getting pretty ripe with the youngest being 75 years old at this point. Boomers will be around for at least another 20 years, as many of them were born in the early 1960's.

That said, I'm Gen-X and I don't care about weed one way or another, as long as you're not putting me or anyone else at risk while you're doing it. I think it should be legal and taxed, just like alcohol and cigarettes.

And, I drove through Oregon on vacation a couple years ago... I, too, was amazed by the number of weed shops throughout that area!
    Simplify and add lightness.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

daleWV (10-16-2020),Pryme (10-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I guess Dirk was absent the day they showed Refer Madness in high school health class?!?

Name:  rmadness.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  48.8 KB

I don't care what you smoke...but how do you get hired anywhere? Is there any employer who doesn't drug test before hiring these days?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-16-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I guess Dirk was absent the day they showed Refer Madness in high school health class?!?

Name:  rmadness.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  48.8 KB

I don't care what you smoke...but how do you get hired anywhere? Is there any employer who doesn't drug test before hiring these days?
    There's all kinds of ways around testing, fake urine, detox products etc. There has already been talks of lawsuits against testing for Cannabis in legal states as its a total invasion of privacy. Just think in the 70s nobody was tested, they took you at your word if they even asked, we need to get back to that. Then the Reagans ramped up their "Just say No" rhetoric, lumping in Cannabis with actual life destroying drugs like Heroin and Cocaine. I suspect when prohibition ends, drug testing will be restricted to aforementioned narcotics. The wacky part is weed is the only substance that is fat soluble meaning it takes roughly 30 days to leave your system vs everything else that is water soluble, only taking 3 to 5 days. So in a sense its a pot test not a drug test. You can't tell me that just because I smoked a joint 2 weeks ago at a Billy Squire concert that that's the reason I slipped and fell today, cancelling my workers comp and getting me fired. Things like this happen all the time sadly. Or that my company doesn't recognize my medical marijuana prescription as valid and terminating me. Now for the record, I'm completely against going to work high or drunk, that's my reward for when I get home.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-09-2020),dspace9 (10-16-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't agree with drug testing at all. It's basically a morality-based test; there are lots of responsible, successful folks who dabble in cocaine or marijuana a few times a year; I don't get why all users get lumped in jail in the same room as violent offenders.

Really annoys me, because someone who uses coke excessively may be harming themselves, but they're not hurting anyone else. If McDonald's food has led to 50% obesity rates, maybe we all need to rethink what is healthy lifestyle choices, and what is demonstrably causing 45" waistlines.

Again, drug laws are old fashioned morality mores. Look at Portugal, they decriminalized EVERYTHING in 2001, and they see excessive drug abuse as a medical condition, which it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Personally, I don't much care, except smoking... I'd rather not have to breathe that kind of polluted air.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    And, I drove through Oregon on vacation a couple years ago... I, too, was amazed by the number of weed shops throughout that area!
    I forgot that there is another dispensary under construction here in town to bring the number to 16 when it opens---yeesh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk I thought you where from Georgia? That place still has very Draconian anti-weed laws on the books.

But I agree it should be legal and that its a waste of police resources to bust potheads and hippies. I would prefer to see the police go after violent crime instead of stoners in tie dyed t-shirts
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Dirk I thought you where from Georgia? That place still has very Draconian anti-weed laws on the books.

But I agree it should be legal and that its a waste of police resources to bust potheads and hippies. I would prefer to see the police go after violent crime instead of stoners in tie dyed t-shirts
    Georgia is very draconian but just wait its slowly turning purple.