Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Car Stalled, Won't Start, Running Rich (Please Help!)

I'm glad to hear your back on the road!

Mine has had a bit of a tick/knock that I didn't notice right away. It hasn't changed much in a year and comes and goes at times. My compression isn't even across the cylinders but they're all above min spec(barely). I'll probably drive it til it blows.

If I never had prior dealings with my nearest dealer(through work) I probably would have dropped the car off 6 months ago. I have zero faith in their work but should try and save myself some work and get a free engine out of it. Lack of oil change records from the previous two owners might be a deal breaker for me though?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Glad to hear you've got it back on the road. I have the torque app too. I'm going to have to explore with it to find the AFR readings. Your AFR readings is what I would expect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Lack of oil change records from the previous two owners might be a deal breaker for me though?
    Does it say your car is due for the ECU reflash still? I mean, they replaced the engine on my 90,000 mile four owner prior rental car Mirage for free because of that so... maybe they'll do it?
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

All the recalls are up to date. Though I don't think they were all done when they on time. The last one(s) were only done about 2 years ago. I don't know wen the running rich recall was done, too late I'm sure lol I bought mine from the second owner.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, shoot. Maybe it's worth checking out? If anything, while you're at the crap dealer make sure to eat their snacks, drink their beverages, and clog up their toilet hahaha.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad your engine swap went smoothly! Great job finding a super low mileage new engine for $400!

I'd take a minute to carefully look everything over and be sure the shop didn't make any mistakes. Wiring under the hood of these cars is "sensitive". Make sure everything looks well-routed and not making contact anywhere it shouldn't.

Change the oil again, if you haven't. Be sure it's got fresh proper 0w20 oil in it. Since you're not under warranty, change it every 10k and be happy!

Did you have them inspect the clutch while the engine was out? (we probably should have mentioned that earlier)

Simplify and add lightness.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-30-2020)