Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 goals: no more netflix, no more Mirage car payments

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2007, had busted Automatic Jatco tranny...blown head gasket, leaked oil and coolant... Sometimes it'd mix together and look like mud....all the electrical components were fried, and every light lit up the dashboard like a Christmas tree...everything was broken...except the AWD...haha

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder how Impreza's compare in terms of fuel economy. I don't want to ever go to a 25 MPG car. If I bought a van, then OK I get it. But if we are talking about my daily driver, I want good economy, even if I have to pay something for AWD. Maybe AWD is more hype than usefulness? You tell me, you had it lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I wonder how Impreza's compare in terms of fuel economy. I don't want to ever go to a 25 MPG car. If I bought a van, then OK I get it. But if we are talking about my daily driver, I want good economy, even if I have to pay something for AWD. Maybe AWD is more hype than usefulness? You tell me, you had it lol
    It was ok in the winter time... But nothing beats great dedicated winter tires. For me I'll take a FWD with a shifting mode and winter tires over the AWD...Also having to ability to downshift in the automatic kept me out of many ditches in the 1 year that I owned it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also the exhaust system was rotted out and had to be replaced....$900 bc it had 2 mufflers! I'm glad the mirage has one tiny muffler.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What about the hybrid SUV's? Hybrid CR-V or Hybrid Rav4? They get really good fuel economy for being big vehicles.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Mercedes huh? Very comfortable seats and good engine performance?. What's not to love? Since I'm only 5'3" I'll easily take the mirage over anything else...and I don't see myself growing in the next couple years, only shrinking lol... I can park in a parking space and still have HALF the space left! I love the fact that it's small and very nimble for the size of it.. And the manual trans is growing on me a bit... Getting my downshifts and love how connected you are to the car. Plus $15 to go 330 miles is crazy to me...had a Subaru Outback that got 11mpg and cost $35 to fill up...
    My old 2014 3.0 H6 Subaru Outback was a huge money pit for me after 140k miles. Everything went wrong at once, cat converter burned out, big oil leak, electronics failing, ac went out, auto trans slipping and I avg 20 mpg combined. It ate gas like a V8. I must of gotten the lemon model because I'm not sold on Subaru reliability. It's no where near as good as Toyota IMO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My old 2014 3.0 H6 Subaru Outback was a huge money pit for me after 140k miles. Everything went wrong at once, cat converter burned out, big oil leak, electronics failing, ac went out, auto trans slipping and I avg 20 mpg combined. It ate gas like a V8. I must of gotten the lemon model because I'm not sold on Subaru reliability. It's no where near as good as Toyota IMO.
    No, you didn’t get a lemon. Subaru’s engine and drivetrain longevity are not that great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Toyota certainly makes high quality... No denying that... It I really wanted fuel economy I would've bought a Prius. I test drove a Camry V6 not that long ago, and loved how fast it was, and loved that I could use paddle shifters. Next car for sure...not the new ones, probably a 2010-14 Se, Not XSE bc the XSE trim had all the safety crap, even back in 2014...

Also if you get a Corolla Dirk... Don't get the CVT! Get an older one with the traditional automatic...just my opinion.
    Last edited by MirageRally; 10-17-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    It was ok in the winter time... But nothing beats great dedicated winter tires. For me I'll take a FWD with a shifting mode and winter tires over the AWD...Also having to ability to downshift in the automatic kept me out of many ditches in the 1 year that I owned it.
    That is very interesting to hear, MirageRally. I keep driving my Mirage with all seasons. 7th winter coming up now. I realize I should buy a dedicated set of winters. I will give my Mirage credit, it handles really well in blustery winter conditions, just so low a car that you can get stuck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That is very interesting to hear, MirageRally. I keep driving my Mirage with all seasons. 7th winter coming up now. I realize I should buy a dedicated set of winters. I will give my Mirage credit, it handles really well in blustery winter conditions, just so low a car that you can get stuck.
    I go next week to put on my Winter Maxx 2 tires... They are rated very well in the snow and I'm glad I have a Synchmesh gearbox bc in winter all it takes is a second and you can be in the ditch...I will make a thread on how the car handles in winter when I get to that point lol but I have a feeling I'll really need to use the syncros this winter ha