Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 goals: no more netflix, no more Mirage car payments

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish the new Toyota's would last as long as the old ones... Spent an hr looking at FJ Cruisers and thought it'd be cool to own one... But 3 things about that.
    1.) The really clean ones are 30k+... Too expensive for an old car.
    2.) I'll never take it off road and therefore never use it for what it was intended.
    3.) Mpg....oh my stars the Mpg....No Thanks

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I wish the new Toyota's would last as long as the old ones... Spent an hr looking at FJ Cruisers and thought it'd be cool to own one... But 3 things about that.
    1.) The really clean ones are 30k+... Too expensive for an old car.
    2.) I'll never take it off road and therefore never use it for what it was intended.
    3.) Mpg....oh my stars the Mpg....No Thanks
    4Runners and Tacomas also hold their value GREAT! That is a sign that it is a helluva great vehicle. Sure they have their problems, but nothing like other competitive models. Most all box type vehicles mpg will suffer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yep I totally get how and why Toyota has the bulletproof reputation for quality. I also think anything that glowing can't be THAT perfect, as close to Toyota's come. I like old MR2 spyder's and Paseo's and Celica's a lot..
    The pre-Spyder MR2 was cooler ... especially the turbo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    4Runners and Tacomas also hold their value GREAT! That is a sign that it is a helluva great vehicle. Sure they have their problems, but nothing like other competitive models. Most all box type vehicles mpg will suffer.
    That's my problem... I don't want to fill up 2x in one week...lol plus if I wanted a truck I would want a Tundra...V8.... No V6...just 2 more cylinders and a big truck.... If I could afford the mpg.... Which I can't....lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Plus I feel like people go way beyond their means nowadays... Most people just need a sedan, easy to park, good reliability, can hold most things... But what do people do..."give me that 4Runner with huge space, V6, and hard to park body" lol... This suv craze confuses me...I understand if you have a family and need to tow something..okay, Sequoia, 4Runner, Tacoma...but most don't... They buy the biggest thing out there... When gas prices go up I really hope people can afford the mpg...hence why I bought a small economy car.

Edit: I'm just confused as to why people buy really big vehicles...herd mentality? Safer in a crash? IDK?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Plus I feel like people go way beyond their means nowadays... Most people just need a sedan, easy to park, good reliability, can hold most things... But what do people do..."give me that 4Runner with huge space, V6, and hard to park body" lol... This suv craze confuses me...I understand if you have a family and need to tow something..okay, Sequoia, 4Runner, Tacoma...but most don't... They buy the biggest thing out there... When gas prices go up I really hope people can afford the mpg...hence why I bought a small economy car.

Edit: I'm just confused as to why people buy really big vehicles...herd mentality? Safer in a crash? IDK?
    I rented a vehicle last year for a week during my trip to the Rocky Mountains in Alberta. I've mentioned that like 5 times haha. The car rental place offered me a free vehicle upgrade. So I went from economy car to an SUV...2019 Hyundai Santa Fe.. A good- sized SUV. And it was very roomy compared to my Mirage, (I'm 6'2 with boots on) and you sit up higher, got the leg room, and it is safer in a crash.

Probably more boring to drive than my Mirage if you owned one. But I get their appeal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good to know, thanks ha.

Edit: I'm not sure I'd get used to one...I drove my uncle's Lexus RX 350 once and it was so big I couldn't find where the edges of it were at...kinda scared me as I didn't want to ding his car trying to park, and l had it the whole day lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why do I keep getting these ads for Magic Bra?? Get out of here magic bra I'm a guy, I don't use that...lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Why do I keep getting these ads for Magic Bra?? Get out of here magic bra I'm a guy, I don't use that...lol.
    Random question: do you have Canadian Tire stores in your area? Canadian Tire is a Canadian car and hardware store.

I saw an advertisement on live television yesterday for Canadian Tire on the billboard behind the catchers mound during a postseason baseball game in Texas.. Canadian Tire is in Texas!?!

I thought that was weird, but I know Tim Horton's is in Michigan since I've seen the restaurants there myself.

And this wasn't one of those ads coming up like the earwax ads I get on the Mirage Forum because i got an ear infection after flying home from Alberta.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just got back from a Google search and I couldn't find any in ohio... Weird. I'm surprised at half the stuff that's in ohio...I need to get out more.