Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just purchased a used 2019 mirage se

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coop8070 View Post
    I traded my chrysler 200 in for it. My other car is a 2012 jetta sportwagen tdi. I like small cars. I owned a vw fox and suzuki swift in the past. This car really reminds me of my old swift.

Also I just ordered the rear sway bar that was suggested here.
    How was that Chrysler 200? Reliable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I only had it for 3 months, I paid 3k for it and got 2.5k for the trade in. The car wasn't bad, it just wasn't particularly good. It felt underpowered and only averaged 19mpg for a 4 cylinder. It had no soul. It's pretty bad on chrysler when my wife likes the amenities of the mirage over the 200.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to coop8070 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I only had it for 3 months, I paid 3k for it and got 2.5k for the trade in. The car wasn't bad, it just wasn't particularly good. It felt underpowered and only averaged 19mpg for a 4 cylinder. It had no soul. It's pretty bad on chrysler when my wife likes the amenities of the mirage over the 200.
    19 mpg? Jeez that's lousy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This mirage should be the cheapest car for me to operate, the tdi is nice, just costly repairs.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    This mirage should be the cheapest car for me to operate, the tdi is nice, just costly repairs.
    Oh boy. Don't look at Mitsubishi OEM parts prices what ever you do. Lol

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi OEM parts prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Oh boy. Don't look at Mitsubishi OEM parts prices what ever you do. Lol
    Feb 2020 I purchased a pretty 2019 blue CVT Mirage ES, NEW with all the bells and whistles(including the upgraded Stereo). I paid right at 13K out the door with a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. So I hope I won't have to worry about OEM parts for awhile. Its always garaged and as of this writing (OCT 2020), it has 562 miles on the odom. Unfortunately I don't get to drive it as much as I would like, but its always a joy when I do. The dealership still had to service it at the 6 month mark. Said the oil had to come out of it, I had no complaints it was a free service.

I traded a 2015 CVT Mirage that had 80k on the odom. I owned it for 3 months. Even tho the prior owners had beat the dog out of this poor little car, it ran reliably strong, needing only motor mounts, everything else worked (A/C, Cruise, etc). I was so impressed with it's reliability and economy, it sold me on a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYuma View Post
    Feb 2020 I purchased a pretty 2019 blue CVT Mirage ES, NEW with all the bells and whistles(including the upgraded Stereo). I paid right at 13K out the door with a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. So I hope I won't have to worry about OEM parts for awhile. Its always garaged and as of this writing (OCT 2020), it has 562 miles on the odom. Unfortunately I don't get to drive it as much as I would like, but its always a joy when I do. The dealership still had to service it at the 6 month mark. Said the oil had to come out of it, I had no complaints it was a free service.

I traded a 2015 CVT Mirage that had 80k on the odom. I owned it for 3 months. Even tho the prior owners had beat the dog out of this poor little car, it ran reliably strong, needing only motor mounts, everything else worked (A/C, Cruise, etc). I was so impressed with it's reliability and economy, it sold me on a new one.
    That's gotta be the second or 3rd time I've heard someone say they needed motor mounts replaced. But I've never heard why or seen one that was worn out or broken. One of the few Mirages serviced by an independent shop hrs away from me, allegedly needed motor mounts. I was never told why and didn't get the old parts.
    I have replaced a few motor mounts on 2013 Sonics....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-28-2020)

This car really reminds me of my old swift.
    What year Swift?

The Mirage is the spiritual successor of the Chevrolet Metro. But with much fancier amenities.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Motor Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's gotta be the second or 3rd time I've heard someone say they needed motor mounts replaced. But I've never heard why or seen one that was worn out or broken. One of the few Mirages serviced by an independent shop hrs away from me, allegedly needed motor mounts. I was never told why and didn't get the old parts.
    I have replaced a few motor mounts on 2013 Sonics....
    They were definitely worn out. On a power brake test the engine would rotate 30 degrees or more. Its a wonder, the power train and drive line stayed linked up. I think the prior owners of my 2015 Mirage must have floored it every time they took off in it. I will be keeping an eye on the motor mount on my new vehicle. I really have no worries, although I do accelerate it often. It can be challenging and fun to drive a low powered vehicle to its limits. I have to look into that sway bar.