Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re: Different front seats for the mirage? (Uncomfortable on long trips)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a 2018 for a few months but had to return it to Carvana because they had Title issues with it and couldn't register it (long story). I replaced it with a 2019 and the 6 way driver seat was almost a night and day difference to me. I also use a good memory foam cushion that also helps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Hey MirageRally any updates?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question

If you mean by updates I'm switching my front hood and bumper to a 2015... Problem is I'm not able to find any junk yards close enough to me to look.... I've been contacted by at least 20 of them in Ohio... And the problem is I need to be there in person to see if it matches the color of my car... So that's the other side of it... the other half of it is I talked to the body shop in Sunnyside to see what their quotes will be if I bought a 2015 hood and front bumper online and had it painted.... But as you know the painted route is going to be twice as expensive

Edit: looking for things sucks lol
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also the 6 way is helping for now... Apologies if I sounded rude in my earlier post I'm stressed out trying to find different parts for the hood and bumper and am calling shops left and right as l know the painted route will be at least $1500+... And will do that as a last resort.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Also the 6 way is helping for now... Apologies if I sounded rude in my earlier post I'm stressed out trying to find different parts for the hood and bumper and am calling shops left and right as l know the painted route will be at least $1500+... And will do that as a last resort.
    Yeah, anytime you get something painted it's gonna be $$$. Crossing my fingers I never get into any bad scrapes.

Good luck with your junkyard search. I'm planning on making a 4+ hour drive this weekend to the other side of the state to try and get a shifter assembly for mine. Really challenging finding parts for these cars here in the States.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (11-04-2020),MirageRally (10-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, you as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you mean by updates I'm switching my front hood and bumper to a 2015... Problem is I'm not able to find any junk yards close enough to me to look.... I've been contacted by at least 20 of them in Ohio... And the problem is I need to be there in person to see if it matches the color of my car... So that's the other side of it... the other half of it is I talked to the body shop in Sunnyside to see what their quotes will be if I bought a 2015 hood and front bumper online and had it painted.... But as you know the painted route is going to be twice as expensive

Edit: looking for things sucks lol
    That’s Swaptastic! Ever think about just getting a 2015?

I didn’t sense any rudeness but I sure sympathize with the frustration. It’s the lack of parts that makes these little cars even more special.

The cool part about painting is you get to pick the new color for your Mirage. What about a new color for your Mirage? What color would you pick?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That’s Swaptastic! Ever think about just getting a 2015?

I didn’t sense any rudeness but I sure sympathize with the frustration. It’s the lack of parts that makes these little cars even more special.

The cool part about painting is you get to pick the new color for your Mirage. What about a new color for your Mirage? What color would you pick?
    I did research for 3 years before buying the 2020 model and all the 2015s were rotted on the bottom...or dinged up... Also if l ever got a different color I would go wine red so right now I'm going to have the body shop paint it silver to match if l can't find any parts... But I still have to hear back from them... I found a Hood in silver that the wrecker will ship to me... But it's $560... Just for the hood... And what if it's the wrong shade of silver? Did Mitsubishi keep the same color silver from 2015 to 2020?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update:

So Eggman, I talked with the body shop and they won't be able to get a fully complete paint match for my car...but they will do all they can to make it as close as possible. The total cost would go $1083.67!!! And they would also need to keep the car 4-5 days... I told them that I would just drop off the hood and bumper.... Will be doing it after winter... Here goes nothing right? haha. Plus many of the junk yards I went to did have a 2015 hood and bumper and silver... But the paint was faded and definitely did not look good in person... I don't mind the high cost for painting and thankfully after talking with the dealership management we worked it out so that they would do all of the painting first and if it's not to my specifications I don't pay... Until they get it right. So that's good.........I mean heck I'm not paying all this money to walk out and see my car and then all of a sudden the sun hits it at an angle in one section of my car is silver and the other section is white! No way man.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any plans to test fit the parts before painting?