Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Comment 'Tirade'

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    there's no need to beats one head against a wall to change that.
    Beating heads against a wall is a bit excessive, but it would be a good thing if some urgency about reducing pollution and waste of resources could be transferred.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    haha, yeah, the youtube comments are brutal but most of the comments against the mirage are the same people who probably drive a a beater that's probably more dangerous than a Mirage....at least that's my assumption, haha.

I'm on Youtube, A L O T and there are so many biased car reviewers out there, it's hard to follow a solid one with worthy information. I dismiss the channel if they compare "low-tier" Car 1 with a "Top Tier" Car 1. Those 2 cars are completely different and I see that A LOT with youtube car reviews, especially if they want 'views'.

One thing I got accustomed to youtube comments is that you will never change someone's mind, especially if they're already against the subject. But I'll always support the good comments. It's just a bummer that the "car reviewers" stomp on the Mirage even though, its a totally perfect car for A-to-B.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I have managed to flip a few used car buyers on reddit's "what should I buy?" Thread but it's been a battle with naysayers who are hellbent on saying all Mitsubishis are unreliable. It's exhausting but I do reach a few.
    You're the hero we need, magnuscat. You're always there defending the mirage from clueless know-it-alls and welcoming the converts. Your comments are actually what helped me see the 6th-gen Mirage from a different perspective.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-21-2020),MetroMPG (10-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm Magnuscat lol.
    All hail Magnuscat!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Hey guys - Interesting thread. I watched that xxxx-nosed guy, the one that trashes the Mirage from the beginning to the end. His video is as I understand, the most popular review of the Mirage on youtube. His video is what swayed me TO the Mirage.

Because as I watched it, it occurred to that all his bull was in comparison to any myriad of more expensive cars. He made a complaint that the ground could be seen when opening the hood because the engine was so small. And compared that to a Hellcat, which the engine is so big you can't see the ground. That's when I knew he was / is an idiot because having space around an engine is a huge advantage. And if I were looking for an inexpensive car, a Hellcat would not be on my list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (10-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    His video is what swayed me TO the Mirage.
    This. At first I agreed with alot of his points but that review planted the seed and got me to look further into the Mirage. The 12v DOHC 3A92 puts out as much power as the 12v SOHC 4G15 that I owned back in 2004, so I was no stranger to the performance of this engine.
    Last edited by precisionxt; 10-22-2020 at 02:55 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Tomorrow I take a ride to go get my new Mirage. Saturday / Sunday I drive it home. I hope to have it a MINIMUM of 10 years. If it is still solid after 10 years, I will keep riding it around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-22-2020),precisionxt (10-22-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    All hail Magnuscat!!
    No need to hail me I'm running a propaganda war on Youtube for our own ends, meaning cheaper parts. I inflate numbers, exaggerate the numbers of members on MirageForum making it seem like it's bigger than it is. I say anecdotal blaise statements like "there is no where near the % of Mitsubishi premature cvt failure vs Nissan" or "the low torque of 74lbs. doesn't stress out cvts", I believe this from opinions on here and from shop owners but the raw data isn't out there to back up any of it as of now. There is not one report of how long the avg JATCO CVT7 last. NOT ONE! This is unacceptable IMO. No, I deserve no accolades because some of my selling points for the Mirage cannot be substantiated. It's propaganda, I'm playing fast and loose with the numbers because I can't get the real numbers. But what can I say? The ends justify the means. We all believe that these are solid sh#tboxes but they need to sell more or we pay insane markups for parts and labor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No Dirk while the Mirage is surely an econobox, it's no ****box, unless maybe it's a really worn out 2014. Thanks for fighting a propaganda war for us.

Quote Originally Posted by foama
    My 1.0L Mirage / Spacestar uses at least 30% to 40% less fuel than any of the old Swifts (Metro). The "sticking" steering problems were eliminated
    30 to 40% less??? Are you talking about the 1.6 or the 1.0 Swift? The US market never got the 1.6 in a Swift or Metro so I can't speak to that but those numbers seem more in line with a G16 vs 3A92. If not that taller final drive and destroked Mirage engine really do some magic in Europe! 71-83 mpg seems quite unattainable as an average to me.

If the longshot chance at selling in 2 weeks falls through I certainly will research this steering fix .

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    No Dirk while the Mirage is surely an econobox, it's no ****box, unless maybe it's a really worn out 2014. Thanks for fighting a propaganda war for us.

30 to 40% less??? Are you talking about the 1.6 or the 1.0 Swift? The US market never got the 1.6 in a Swift or Metro so I can't speak to that but those numbers seem more in line with a G16 vs 3A92. If not that taller final drive and destroked Mirage engine really do some magic in Europe! 71-83 mpg seems quite unattainable as an average to me.

If the longshot chance at selling in 2 weeks falls through I certainly will research this steering fix .
    Sh#tbox is a term of endearment/badge of honor for a subcompact.