Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Comment 'Tirade'

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I could certainly see myself picking up a used 5spd mirage for a little winter car/step and fetch in the future.
    Here's a nice used one. Previous owner may have been a shady character, however!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5552/overview/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Here's a nice used one. Previous owner may have been a shady character, however!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5552/overview/
    Wait what how is that not sold yet I thought they sold it awhile ago. Mirages don't sell in this area.

How long ago did you get rid of it?
    I see it's got them damn wheel locks! First thing I do it find the key and throw it in the garbage. That way you don't waste time looking for it when you need it. I used to hate having to go through customers cars(trash cans) looking for those things! It was even better when I'd find a customers wheel lock key that someone forgot to put back sitting on the hoist arm long after they picked up their car. It was even worse if nobody knew where it came from lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Wait what how is that not sold yet I thought they sold it awhile ago. Mirages don't sell in this area.
    Last time I checked a couple weeks ago, Bergstrom didn't have any new Mirages in stock. Only two used ones (one being your former Mirage). The Fox Valley can't be a good market for the Mirage.

If you don't mind me asking, how does their asking price compare to what you paid for your Mirage new in 2017?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Last time I checked a couple weeks ago, Bergstrom didn't have any new Mirages in stock. Only two used ones (one being your former Mirage). The Fox Valley can't be a good market for the Mirage.

If you don't mind me asking, how does their asking price compare to what you paid for your Mirage new in 2017?
    Bought for 11k. Wonder if the red ones still out there. The black one had a lot lower miles and was cleaner

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How long ago did you get rid of it?
    I see it's got them damn wheel locks! First thing I do it find the key and throw it in the garbage. That way you don't waste time looking for it when you need it. I used to hate having to go through customers cars(trash cans) looking for those things! It was even better when I'd find a customers wheel lock key that someone forgot to put back sitting on the hoist arm long after they picked up their car. It was even worse if nobody knew where it came from lol.
    Back in like May lol. I kept the wheel lock key in the part bag by spare tire where it came. Didnt want my sweet 13's gettin jacked

Quote Originally Posted by Lowenkraft View Post
    I'm looking for a red Mirage. Any ideas where I could find some?
    Really now? Please tell us more, inquiring minds must know.

I like turtles, what's your animal of choice. Do you wanna come by an play lego sometime? Or maybe hotwheels tickle your fancy?

Disregard above if you're not actually a troll spewing spammer like I suspect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I have managed to flip a few used car buyers on reddit's "what should I buy?" Thread but it's been a battle with naysayers who are hellbent on saying all Mitsubishis are unreliable. It's exhausting but I do reach a few.
    It's the same thing in the high end market. I tell people a used Porsche is a much better buy than an audi, bmw or merc any day and people always talk about how unreliable it is. A used 911 is virtually bullet proof. Were people get their information from is beyond me. Its certainty not from ownership. When people talk about unreliable mitsu they're talking about hard driven beaten sports cars. Like eclipse evo and 3000gts. If you buy a normal car and drive it like a normal person its fine. And to boot even if you buy a mitsu sports car they're bullit proof if you dont mod them to hell and back. Which you will do but if you didnt you can imagine!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    I've told people, and think I've mentioned on here, the only German car I would have is a Porsche brand. Just love the road presence of a Porsche Panamera. My little Blueberry is going to help me purchase either an LC 500, or a Viper ACR. I'm no spring chicken so I'm starting to move away from the ACR. LC 500 is a helluva car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I knew a guy who owned an early viper. He said he felt like fat guy in a little suit trying to get in and out of it. I don't know if the newer ones are more spacious.

I too would shy away from the German cars. I've only worked on ones that are 8-10 years old but they all had relatively low mileage. Every one had ton of codes for each module and the dashes lit up like a Christmas tree. They looked cool but were all basket cases. I wish I had a fraction of the money some people blow on turd pails knowing they're gonna have a long list of **** to fix. Sometimes it's literally cheaper to just buy a new one.