Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TPMS Tool: Ateq Quickset X

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts

New TPMS Tool: Ateq Quickset X

UPDATE: See post #4. As of October 2020, this tool will not work on a Mirage.

Ateq has a new $300 TPMS tool called the Quickset X that will supposedly do an "OBD relearn" on most vehicles.

An OBD relearn is the only way to get new TPMS IDs stored into the Mirage's computer.

If you don't clone your existing sensors, you must use the OBD relearn process when installing new sensors.

If this thing actually works on a Mirage, it would be the cheapest TPMS tool with the ability to do OBD relearns.

I posted a question to them on Amazon specifically asking about coverage of the Mirage. For whatever reason, they launched this product and have absolutely no coverage information on their website.

Name:  quicksetx.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  95.0 KB

The original version of this tool (which came out about 4 years ago) failed to work on my Mirage.

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-21-2020 at 12:32 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-20-2020),Fummins (12-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Hope this one works, or at least includes relearn instructions.

Weird video though. What's with that introduction??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Weird video though. What's with that introduction??
    That's meant as an inside joke (I guess?) to people familiar with their products. That device she is holding when the video starts is the original TPMS tool Ateq introduced several years ago.

I bought one of those original tools (I think Cobrajet may have, too) and it didn't work on my Mirage. I talked to one of their engineers who admitted that they had never actually tried it on a Mirage. Soon after I sent mine back for a refund, they removed Mirage coverage from their website when advertising the tool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's the answer when I asked them if this tool will work on a 2014-2020 Mirage...

At the moment, the Mitsubishi Mirage requires an OEM scan tool to complete the relearn procedure.

We have recently increased coverage for Mitsubishi models on our line of tools, and it's possible we will be able to implement the Mirage 2014-2020 in the future. The Quickset X comes with 2 FREE years of software updates, and we release quarterly updates so our customers are always up to date! If you have any further questions or need any further clarification about our software update releases, please don't hesitate to contact us at help@supporttpms.com.
    At least they are are being up front when they say it won't work on a Mirage...yet.

98.6% TPMS reset coverage for all vehicles globally including domestic, Asian, and European
    The Mirage is in the 1.4% of vehicles this tool will not work on.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-21-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    . The Mirage is in the 1.4% of vehicles this tool will not work on.
    I am having a moment of deja vu.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Quickset X

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am having a moment of deja vu.
    I know this is the Mirage Forum, but I do know that the Quickset works on other Mitsubishi vehicles. I have the tool and can provide a list if that would help - thanks!

-DT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to diytpms For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diytpms View Post
    I know this is the Mirage Forum, but I do know that the Quickset works on other Mitsubishi vehicles. I have the tool and can provide a list if that would help - thanks!

-DT
    Are you talking about cloning new sensors to the existing factory sensor codes on a Mirage?

Or

Are you talking about programming new sensor codes into a Mirage's TPMS?

There's a difference! Cloning is simple. Entering new sensor codes into A Mirage's TPMS has been more of a challenge for many.

Please clarify your experience? Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Alright then.....

For those who were wondering(maybe it's just me), you can program a qwik sensor more than once. I just activated 4 new sensors then after I installed them on the vehicle I was able to change the id to match the oem numbers by cloning.

I bought the ateq vt37 on amazon.ca for $300 cad https://www.amazon.ca/ATEQ-VT37-Sens...2-b6761a63ecf6 which shipped direct from ateq in Canada. I see the same tool sells for $324 usd on amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/ATEQ-VT37-Sen...0380298&sr=8-1 So I guess I paid $233usd for it and paid $91usd less than someone in the US would pay?
    Walmart has it for $202.63 + $7.36 shipping = $209.99 USD = $268.46 Canadian funds

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ateq-ATQ-...Tool/815989901

Tirerack also lists it for $210 with free shipping.

https://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=2886

I know Autel sensors can be reprogrammed, but you must remove the air pressure from the tire to do so. I contacted the company before purchasing my Autel TS-408 for $120.

What price are you paying for Qwik Sensors, & how does compare to sensors that can't be programmed?

If you are using multiple sets of tires for the same vehicle, I am a firm believer in cloning!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am a firm believer in cloning!
    Sounds funnier when taken out of context haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-11-2021),Mark (01-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I haven't bought sensors. Work peoples say the qwik sensors are cheaper than the non programming required ones, that makes sense. I don't know what work pays for the qwik sensors? And I don't know if anyone priced out the autel sensors. Probably not, we don't usually carry them so I guess it just made more sense to buy the qwik ones we usually keep in stock. I was hoping they'd just buy the autel sensors but that's not my call.

If I were buying an extra set of wheels and wanted to clone I'd go with the autel setup. Especially if you are only gonna use it once every 4-5 years. The tool itself is cheaper.
    Not being someone who works at a tire shop, I wouldn't know how Ateq compares to Autel overall? I also don't know much about Qwik-sensors, except the ones I looked up were 315 MHz. The Autel MX-Sensors 2 in 1 are capable of doing 315 MHz & 413 MHz. Once again, I don't know how important that is? Don't care enough to find out I guess either.

I justified buying the $120 Autel TS-408, because TPMS in the States is probably here to stay. The Autel tool has free lifetime updates for future vehicles I may own. Sensors seem to be $30 with free shipping whenever I check. That's about average from what I can tell.

Schrader has a Multi-Band EZ Sensor that also does 315 MHz & 433 MHz for about $29 each @ Tire Rack.

If the Ateq tool will clone various types of sensors it may be a better investment for a service shop like where you work.

It's nice to know more options exist. I would thankful most Canadian vehicles don't require messing with this. It's still a hassle.

Last edited by Mark; 01-12-2021 at 12:27 AM.