Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 seems to idle harder at a light lately....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What size bolts are those? Total novice here. What tools should I buy? I own barely anything.
    Do yourself a favor and get one of the $30-50 mechanics tool sets from the Hazard Freight. Use the obligatory 20% off coupon and the free item coupon to get a free flash light and then you should have almost anything you need for light maintenance and repairs.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-k...-pc-63248.html

Here's a basic do it all set. Get a better ratchet from somewhere since the one that comes in the kit sucks.

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 10-22-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-22-2020),Fummins (10-22-2020)

I tried to watch but don't have sound. Will try at home later. That looks like a typical Mirage to me. Air cleaner shaking around. First the snorkle wears out where is goes into the airbox then the mounts and bushings for the airbox itself wear out next. When I bought mine I ziptied the snorkel to the airbox where they meet. About a month ago I ziptied the other end of the snorkel to the harness below it. That should stop most of the shaking and prevent it from wearing out the airbox constantly. Should have thought of that first, someone else mentioned it before a while back. But now it has a bit of a buzz now and then, likely caused by snugging everything up. Or it's all falling apart, I haven't bothered looking yet cause I don't care.
    I'm concerned I'm missing this circular rubber screw on mount thingy as I've seen them in other Mirage pics but its just an unscrewed hole in my ride.

Attachment 19487
    Only the 2014's had that rubber damper on the mount. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's louder than it used to be at idle. I meant sound.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-22-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Found the issue, back 10mm behind the air filter box was completely missing. Replaced it and the noise has been reduced immensely. Also the 2017 idle much gentler, I had them right next to each other. The wobble from the intake horn on the 2014 is slightly more pronounced but it has 20k more miles on it.

Name:  20201022_101513.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  88.4 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I think I'm going to skip the ziptie to the alternator for now though even though it would further reduce the noise as it sounds good right now. Thank you all brothers!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I tried to watch but don't have sound. Will try at home later. That looks like a typical Mirage to me. Air cleaner shaking around. First the snorkle wears out where is goes into the airbox then the mounts and bushings for the airbox itself wear out next. When I bought mine I ziptied the snorkel to the airbox where they meet. About a month ago I ziptied the other end of the snorkel to the harness below it. That should stop most of the shaking and prevent it from wearing out the airbox constantly. Should have thought of that first, someone else mentioned it before a while back. But now it has a bit of a buzz now and then, likely caused by snugging everything up. Or it's all falling apart, I haven't bothered looking yet cause I don't care.

Only the 2014's had that rubber damper on the mount. I wouldn't worry about it.
    I got a 2014 though, I couldn't find the part number for that rubber dampener. You think it's unneccessary?

I'd take mine off and try if it'll make you feel better. But I'm too worried it'd damage the cvt

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)