Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duct tape to fix my Mirage. Who thought that day would ever come

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    If you were anywhere near me I'd hand you the mats that came out of my car. I put Weathertechs in when the car was new, and the original mats have sat in the bottom of my spare bedroom closet for almost six years. Sh!t, I might even still have the ones that came out of the ex-girlfriend's Mirage, too.

Not sure about how it is in the Great White North, but floor mats have always been standard equipment on Mirages in the US. Replacements really shouldn't be too tough to find.
    Floor mats were standard equipment for Mirage, but that's changed. They are charging customers for floor mats now. At least the window sticker reflects that. I would be a prick & tell them to keep their floor mats.

I just randomly looked up a Mirage window sticker, & I really do question this? Additional equipment listed for a 2020 Mirage ES below -

Full tank of gas - included
    Accy Tonneau cover - $130
    Accy Carpeted Floor Mats and Portfolio - $145
    All Weather Package (all weather floor mats & cargo tray) - $165.00
    Convenience Value Package (cargo mat, cargo net, armrest console) - $270.00

Look at the winder sticker yourself -

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fi...2A3HJ8LH004536

These are added equipment. As far as I am concerned, these are items that can also be easily removed. I may be wrong, but I feel they are charging for some items twice. I would refuse to pay for these items.

My tonneau cover hasn't been in my Mirage since day one. I took it out immediately, & it has been in a closet ever since. If I was buying a new car, I would eliminate all these silly charges & buy the WeatherTech mats. All of my future vehicles will have these mats asap. My Mitsubishi front floor mats are also in a closet.

The factory armrest is a joke. Buy a better aftermarket one that you can actually rest your arm on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Floor mats were standard equipment for Mirage, but that's changed. They are charging customers for floor mats now. At least the window sticker reflects that. I would be a prick & tell them to keep their floor mats.

I just randomly looked up a Mirage window sticker, & I really do question this? Additional equipment listed for a 2020 Mirage ES below -

Full tank of gas - included
    Accy Tonneau cover - $130
    Accy Carpeted Floor Mats and Portfolio - $145
    All Weather Package (all weather floor mats & cargo tray) - $165.00
    Convenience Value Package (cargo mat, cargo net, armrest console) - $270.00

Look at the winder sticker yourself -

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fi...2A3HJ8LH004536

These are added equipment. As far as I am concerned, these are items that can also be easily removed. I may be wrong, but I feel they are charging for some items twice. I would refuse to pay for these items.

My tonneau cover hasn't been in my Mirage since day one. I took it out immediately, & it has been in a closet ever since. If I was buying a new car, I would eliminate all these silly charges & buy the WeatherTech mats. All of my future vehicles will have these mats asap. My Mitsubishi front floor mats are also in a closet.

The factory armrest is a joke. Buy a better aftermarket one that you can actually rest your arm on.
    That is odd. The carpet floor mats were standard here. So was the cardboard cargo cover that they now seem to charge $130 for(Accy Tonneau cover). So they're charging you for 2 sets of floor mats, a cargo tray and a cargo mat. What a bargain! I wonder if the console armrest they show is this one? https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...enter-mz330444

Edit: I just looked up specs on the mitsu canada site comparing the es, se and gt standard equipment. I guess they got rid of the limited trim? They show the gt being the only model with fog lights, that doesn't seem right? I looked up 2020 Mirage es on the kijiji and every car listed as an es had fog lights, 4 power windows and cruise. Looks like they're all selling an se as an es? I can see that being an easy mistake to make selling a used one but there's a brand new one there too. I believe Wally bought his car one Mirage assuming it was an es when it was actually the higher trim level se or es plus.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-23-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That is odd. The carpet floor mats were standard here. So was the cardboard cargo cover that they now seem to charge $130 for(Accy Tonneau cover). So they're charging you for 2 sets of floor mats, a cargo tray and a cargo mat. What a bargain! I wonder if the console armrest they show is this one? https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...enter-mz330444

Edit: I just looked up specs on the mitsu canada site comparing the es, se and gt standard equipment. I guess they got rid of the limited trim? They show the gt being the only model with fog lights, that doesn't seem right? I looked up 2020 Mirage es on the kijiji and every car listed as an es had fog lights, 4 power windows and cruise. Looks like they're all selling an se as an es? I can see that being an easy mistake to make selling a used one but there's a brand new one there too. I believe Wally bought his car one Mirage assuming it was an es when it was actually the higher trim level se or es plus.
    American & Canadian trim levels aren't the same. Thus, it's hard to compare them. A/C for example has been standard on all Mirage trim levels in the States. A base level 2014-15 DE and base level 2017+ ES has always had A/C, power windows, remote entry door locks, etc..... Sadly, all American cars have TPMS, too. You can add an aftermarket TPMS that works independently to any car for under $100 easily, however. I believe A/C became standard in Canada recently.

Adding to the confusing, 2014-15 ES was our upper trim level. Then in 2017+ the ES became the base trim level. Mitsubishi does some very strange things, which I credit to poor leadership at the top.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-23-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Floor mats & cargo cover were standard on my 2017 Mirage ES manual.

The additional charges added to my 2017 Mirage were -

Bluetooth (not standard until 2018)
    Center armrest
    Pulse lighting - gimmick that flashes your center rear brake when you first press on the brake pedal.

It added $299 to the $9,000 Mirages that I was interested in. Since my car was in my first color choice, near WB for them to get, & they were willing to deliver it 4-hours (one-way), I wasn't going to bicker over $299. It's good thing they didn't charge me for floor mats, however. I would have drawn a line in the sand there!

I don't remember when floor mats became a charge (2018 or 2019)?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doesn't Canada have Black duct tape? You don't have to follow Red Green exactly when doing repairs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-23-2020),Eggman (10-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Doesn't Canada have Black duct tape? You don't have to follow Red Green exactly when doing repairs.
    Haha that is a good one. I like his cousin Harold, the nerdy guy. Since we got on the topic of Canadian comedy, Mr D is a really funny show. J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys is in it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Haha that is a good one. I like his cousin Harold, the nerdy guy. Since we got on the topic of Canadian comedy, Mr D is a really funny show. J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys is in it.
    Have you watched the office? Apparently it's a really good comedy show and I have to watch it for extra credit...Bc my teacher is shocked that I haven't watched it. what can I say? I'm an old man trapped in a young person's body LOL.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Have you watched the office? Apparently it's a really good comedy show and I have to watch it for extra credit...Bc my teacher is shocked that I haven't watched it. what can I say? I'm an old man trapped in a young person's body LOL.
    The first two seasons are terrific, gets a bit stale after the romance with Pam and Jim consummates. The Office (US) is many people's favourite show of all time. I got into it early on, even though I never liked the old British version much. That's the one that the Steve Carell The Office show is based on.

Also I like the fact the Office is the same writer as the cartoon King of the Hill. Very dry humour is my cup of tea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Also I like the fact the Office is the same writer as the cartoon King of the Hill.
    Greg Daniels worked with Mike Judge on King of the Hill. And it was Mike Judge who brought us Beavis and Butt-Head. King of the Hill drew a lot from Beavis and Butt-Head. Quality stuff!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Greg Daniels worked with Mike Judge on King of the Hill. And it was Mike Judge who brought us Beavis and Butt-Head. King of the Hill drew a lot from Beavis and Butt-Head. Quality stuff!
    I got that one a bit mixed up. I knew there were connections with the two shows.

Right on thanks Eggman. I actually rewatched season one of the Office (usa) when I had Netflix for 3 months recently. Pretty crude and lewd humour. I like the subtle humour parts most, as well as the stapler in the jello bowl gag.

Who hasn't had a "Company Man" coworker like Dwight, always kissing butt to the boss. Wannabe warden

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-24-2020)