Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duct tape to fix my Mirage. Who thought that day would ever come

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I got that one a bit mixed up. I knew there were connections with the two shows.

Right on thanks Eggman. I actually rewatched season one of the Office (usa) when I had Netflix for 3 months recently. Pretty crude and lewd humour. I like the subtle humour parts most, as well as the stapler in the jello bowl gag.

Who hasn't had a "Company Man" coworker like Dwight, always kissing butt to the boss. Wannabe warden
    I’m glad you shared that as I wasn’t aware of that connection between King of the Hill and The Office.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-24-2020),MirageRally (10-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I’m glad you shared that as I wasn’t aware of that connection between King of the Hill and The Office.
    You can kinda tell the similarites of King of the Hill and the Office sometimes, the same sense of humour at play. I also find I can tell when I am watching an old The Simpsons episode and it's a Conan O'Brien written episode. You can see the similarities with his live TV show.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I enjoy dry humor as well...Oh this'll be fun to watch Thanks guys!
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I enjoy dry humor as well...Oh this'll be fun to watch Thanks guys!
    Hi Mirage folks. Has anyone ordered the vinyl mats for their Mirage on Rock Auto, for around $38 Canadian?

Brand is DuraClear.

Rock Auto USA directs me to Parts Avatar. They are good and I got my wipers from avatar, but they don't carry the mats for my car.

Are the mats at Rock Auto worth the expensive import shipping?

Mats are almost $100 with shipping. Expensive, yet they are much cheaper than weathertechs brand new.

And for some reason I think my 5 speed manual alters the mat sizing... So no matter what --it is a risk to purchase these vinyl mats. I don't shop at Amazon... especially after the poppy incident at whole foods yesterday.. so I have to be creative with my e-purchases.

I may end up buying black duct tape for now, since the silver duct tape I have on my mat now is holding up well. Other than causing a bit of a muddy water pool a few quarters sized.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not sure but always be careful with ordering online as you don't know in the picture what looks like in real life... I bought Mitsubishi emblems on eBay, bought them and when they came they were not the right size to fit the Mirage.... Even though it said it would-so be careful.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-07-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I am not sure but always be careful with ordering online as you don't know in the picture what looks like in real life... I bought Mitsubishi emblems on eBay, bought them and when they came they were not the right size to fit the Mirage.... Even though it said it would-so be careful.
    Ya eh maybe I will hold off then. Car mats look like they would do the trick however. But are expensive to ship to Ontario Canada. Even though I'm a stone's throw away from the border.

I have to keep on mind last year I could have bought car mats in Port Huron last year.. in person. For around $25 bucks US dollars.

So maybe I will hold tight and just buy the black duct tape, to patch up my old mat better, disguised and blending in to the piano black interior. No chrome on the inside of my car eh. So the silver duct tape looks shoddy lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-07-2020)