Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    I tried to buy the base model Versa a few years back when I got the Focus. I was , literally, laughed out of two nissan dealerships. They won't entertain the idea of ordering one or trying to find one. I was cash in hand.
    There is a name for models like this in the car business..."unicorns". No lie, a "unicorn" is the base stripper model with the great price tag that doesn't exist anywere except sales brochures. But they will have the top-of-the-line SL model in every color right there on the lot! Truth is, Nissan doesn't WANT you buying a Versa S, and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually lost a few bucks on every one they sold (like GM did on the Metros). But the S is the model you will see in all of the ads.

I think the sedan version of the Mirage will do pretty well. After all, as has been pointed out, Nissan sells tons of Versas. And all the Mirage sedan would be is a Versa sedan with a better warranty and 25% better fuel economy.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think the sedan version of the Mirage will do pretty well. After all, as has been pointed out, Nissan sells tons of Versas. And all the Mirage sedan would be is a Versa sedan with a better warranty and 25% better fuel economy.
    Agreed sedan would do fine if it is priced similarly, and if it is not handicapped by small trunk and rear head space. There are people even in this age who have to have sedan, and Mirage will be a good alternative to Versa and Fiesta. Perhaps to.iA too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Agreed sedan would do fine if it is priced similarly, and if it is not handicapped by small trunk and rear head space. There are people even in this age who have to have sedan, and Mirage will be a good alternative to Versa and Fiesta. Perhaps to.iA too.
    Truth be told, I hate hatchbacks...five-door hatchbacks in particular. If find them all awkward and sort of generic and silly-looking. Were the Mirage available as a sedan with a similar price and similar fuel economy upon it's US release, I almost certainly would have chosen it over the hatch.

But a two-door hatch would have been great!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Whole bunch of pictures in this article on the sedan.

http://paultan.org/2014/02/26/driven...aims-put-test/

Wonder why the nicer front and rear seats are not offered on the ES in the US

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    I tried to buy the base model Versa a few years back when I got the Focus. I was , literally, laughed out of two nissan dealerships. They won't entertain the idea of ordering one or trying to find one. I was cash in hand.
    Unless someone shows me cash in their hand that normally screams of tire kicker. No offense. Most people just use the "im buying it cash" excuse because they've got poor credit and don't want it pulled cause they dont think they're approved. Its to your advantage if you've got a good credit score to have the dealer pull it anyways as it instantly makes you a serious buyer and people will go out of their way to get you what you want. It sinks but its life. I've owned around 15 cars and I almost always tell people to pull my credit before I even look at cars if I know that im gonna be buying that day.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Whole bunch of pictures in this article on the sedan.

http://paultan.org/2014/02/26/driven...aims-put-test/

Wonder why the nicer front and rear seats are not offered on the ES in the US
    Thnx for link! I think the seats are the same just have PU leather skins, which aren't offered in US.
    Nitpicking further, radio signal from the 2-DIN Kenwood head-unit was poor, and while rear legroom is very good – with plenty of room under the front seats for feet to tuck under – rear headroom isn’t as generous. It’s obvious that the Attrage isn’t a wide car, and three abreast is a tight affair at the back. It isn’t cramped by any means, but some rivals boast more space.
    As I suspected; less rear headroom.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 10-19-2015 at 09:49 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Unless someone shows me cash in their hand that normally screams of tire kicker. No offense. Most people just use the "im buying it cash" excuse because they've got poor credit and don't want it pulled cause they dont think they're approved. Its to your advantage if you've got a good credit score to have the dealer pull it anyways as it instantly makes you a serious buyer and people will go out of their way to get you what you want. It sinks but its life. I've owned around 15 cars and I almost always tell people to pull my credit before I even look at cars if I know that im gonna be buying that day.

Well I'm not going to carry around $14000 in cash in this city, but I made it pretty clear that I would be writing a check and that I had no intention of dickering for a lower price. Their loss.

U.S. Mirage G4 sedan debut: March 2016

At the debut of the 2017 Mirage hatch today in L.A., Mitsu's U.S. head honcho announced the U.S. debut date for the sedan:

On its heels is the U.S. introduction of the all-new Mirage G4 sedan at the New York Auto Show.
    Quote is from Don Swearingen, Executive Vice President of Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.

Date of the NY show is March 25 - April 3, 2016.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I was expecting to see the sedan at this debut. Kinda wish they'd done it first, but I guess we'll have to wait! I still like the updates to the 2017 model.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Canada too

Word this morning from Mitsu Canada's PR manager:

We are still working through the details. Make no mistake, however, G4 will figure prominently in our 2016 auto show schedule.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)