Thread: 2015 Mirage on Greenest Cars list (ACEEE)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Mirage on Greenest Cars list (ACEEE)

I don't think this has been posted. This is a list of the 12 greenest 2015 cars in US from greenercars.org. The Mirage is the only one that is non-electric, non-hybrid, or non-compressed natural gas. i.e conventional ICE. No doubt the lowest purchase price by a long ways, too.

http://www.greenercars.org/greenest-meanest/greenest

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiMi For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-27-2015),debburyl (02-07-2015),MetroMPG (02-07-2015)

Cool! Second year running.

2014 thread: US: 2014 Mirage named one of the "greenest" new cars by ACEEE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, MiMi it's another positive for the Mirage!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mirage shrinks carbon-footprint, expands driving range.

Here's the Mitsu USA press release on this:

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Named to American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy "Greenest Vehicles" List

• The Mitsubishi Mirage is one of the 12 most environmentally-friendly vehicles on the organization's annual "Greenest Vehicles" list
    • The Mirage is the only conventional gasoline-powered vehicle to make the list
    • Mitsubishi Mirage is the most fuel efficient gasoline-powered non-hybrid vehicle in America

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.'s (MMNA) highly fuel efficient Mirage 5-door hatchback has been named to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy's (ACEEE) prestigious "Greenest Vehicles" list as part of the organization's Greenercars.org rankings for the 2015 model year. The Mirage is the only conventional gasoline-powered vehicle – not a hybrid, EV, PHEV or natural gas-powered vehicle – to make the list this year.*

With a starting MSRP of only $12,995 and an EPA fuel rating of 40 mpg combined city and highway (37 mpg city/44 mpg highway), the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is the most fuel efficient gasoline-powered non-hybrid vehicle available in America. Furthermore, every Mirage comes with Mitsubishi Motors' outstanding warranty, one of the industry's most comprehensive protection plans. Coverage includes a 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty, 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty, 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty and 5-years/unlimited miles roadside assistance.

"We are pleased to see our 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage named to the ACEEE's 'Greenest Vehicles' list, and we look forward to launching more new innovative and affordably-priced environmentally-friendly vehicles in the future," said Don Swearingen, Executive Vice President of MMNA. "With its low price, plentiful features, exceptional fuel economy and extensive warranty, the Mitsubishi Mirage offers automotive consumers an unprecedented new-car value."

The ACEEE's Greenercars.org annually assesses the environmental friendliness of production vehicles available in the United States. The website analyzes a vehicle's lifecycle greenhouse gas and the EPA's criteria pollutant emissions consisting of carbon monoxide, lead, ground-level ozone, sulfur dioxide, particulate matter and nitrogen oxides to determine each vehicle's Green Score.

---
    *According to the ACEEE, the conventional Smart ForTwo did not make this year's list only because its all-electric counterpart had already claimed a spot on their "Greenest Vehicles" list.
    source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...-vehicles-list

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

No ACEEE award this year because of monkey business

Mitsubishi's monkeying around with model years in North America (no 2016 model year) has caused it to miss out winning the ACEEE award for 2016.

2016 Chevy Spark won the best in class as a result.
    http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...nest-2016-cars

Presumably, the 2017 model year Mirage will take it back next year.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Nice, it is indeed an economical car averaging 20+ km/L

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)