Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I knew it! Interesting study on owners of non-commercial monster trucks

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

I knew it! Interesting study on owners of non-commercial monster trucks

Link here. Fascinating science behind this study worth a glance.

https://cipptvportagelaprairie.com/2...ess-desirable/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-25-2020),MirageRally (10-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

Big trucks are the real clown cars on the road.

I think vehicular harassment is actually a legit problem.. literally my top reason why I want a different car. Sad but true. Today I was getting tailed and bothered by a big flashy truck on my way to the grocery store.

I ended up trying to drive in their blind spot, to set off their blind-spot warning system. My Mirage needs weaponry and armour some days
    Last edited by dspace9; 10-25-2020 at 05:10 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-25-2020),precisionxt (10-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Big trucks are the real clown cars on the road.

I think vehicular harassment is actually a legit problem.. literally my top reason why I want a different car. Sad but true. Today I was getting tailed and bothered by a big flashy truck on my way to the grocery store.

I ended up trying to drive in their blind spot, to set off their blind-spot warning system. My Mirage needs weaponry and armour some days
    Use Fummins washer fluid strategy l just slow down even more, they always back off for me... and if they don't I have my dash cam there to record them in the event something happens. Always good to have a dash cam. Even $20-40 dashcams, if possible find one that has two way/dual so that the front and back of your vehicle is covered. When I was in high school I got rear-ended in my Saturn by a lady behind me and pushed into the intersection.... If I didn't have that $20 dash cam to make a police report it would have been really bad.
    Last edited by MirageRally; 10-25-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Haha LOL. I'm a small guy so I drive a small car ha, I'd look pretty stupid falling out of a big lifted pickup truck :-)
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    “For years, psychologists have told us men will often buy expensive and powerful vehicles to compensate for feelings of inadequacy,” head researcher Herman Rarebell said. “We weren’t surprised when the study proved the larger the truck the smaller the penis, in general terms.”

The study tracked the make, model and features of the vehicles along with measurements of each owner’s penis. At the same time, they surveyed the men’s current or latest sexual partner on the impact the size of the vehicle had on levels of attractiveness.

“We found that only 15% of the men’s partners felt more attracted to them because of their truck,” Rarebell explained. “70% of women were either turned off or indifferent by the larger vehicle.”

These researchers were very thorough in their data gathering it appears. I emailed the research group hoping they could gather data on Mirage owners. Fingers crossed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    “For years, psychologists have told us men will often buy expensive and powerful vehicles to compensate for feelings of inadequacy,” head researcher Herman Rarebell said. “We weren’t surprised when the study proved the larger the truck the smaller the penis, in general terms.”

The study tracked the make, model and features of the vehicles along with measurements of each owner’s penis. At the same time, they surveyed the men’s current or latest sexual partner on the impact the size of the vehicle had on levels of attractiveness.

“We found that only 15% of the men’s partners felt more attracted to them because of their truck,” Rarebell explained. “70% of women were either turned off or indifferent by the larger vehicle.”

These researchers were very thorough in their data gathering it appears. I emailed the research group hoping they could gather data on Mirage owners. Fingers crossed!
    I hope that you really don’t believe that.

Did you read the full disclaimer found at the bottom of the page?

CIPPTV About/Disclaimer
    This website and related media creations are a work of fiction. All references to real or historical events, real people, real events, and real products are used fictitiously. All other characters, names, places, events and things are products of the author’s imagination any and all resemblance to actual places, events or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Obviously it's satire, but I'm not kidding when I say that yesterday I had no less than THREE big trucks trying to dominate me from behind. I'm not saying every truck is bad, or the fault of small manhood (lots of women driving trucks these days) But there has been at least one study I read of that said women now are getting bad and domineering driving habits, when driving big trucks. Like this is a thing. I will have to find the article. In other words, big trucks make ALL drivers possibly more aggressive. Nothing to do with gender, though I can see the reasoning. Everyone has heard that line before.

Not just a joke. It's kinda a Keeping up with the Joneses' dominance (bigger yard and house, newer and better car in the driveway), and the Mirage is the arch-opposite to that mentality, so I think it's clear why I have been having issues with my little car.

For the record having a big thing is over rated
    Last edited by dspace9; 10-25-2020 at 03:19 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    While driving absolute gargantuan trucks may not directly relate to "accessory size", I'm almost positive people do it to show off and to intimidate others. Like dspace9 mentioned, it is nerve-wracking to be tailed by a truck 3 times the size of the Mirage. I wish I could just have fun driving my car without feeling like I need to defend myself against someone with a superiority complex. I moved to the wrong state to be driving a featherweight.

I will say one advantage of driving something that big is the fluid changes. You don't even need to lift the vehicle for general maintenance.

I really like smaller trucks like my Dakota. Plenty of room to work on the engine and haul stuff around, but not so big that I need to take up two parking spaces.
    Last edited by precisionxt; 10-25-2020 at 03:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I happen to drive big forklifts at work, 17,000 lbs vehicles.. so to see all these giant trucks buying groceries, seems like exactly the problem of our society of greed, and excess... at least the Mirage seems to represent prowess in the handling department

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-25-2020),precisionxt (10-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    I think we are being a bit judgmental here. I don't care what others drive. If that was important to me, I wouldn't be driving my Mirage 90% of the time.

Some may need a large vehicle to pull a camper or boat they own. If that's their only vehicle, it's also going to be used to get groceries & go to work.

My brother drives a full size GMC pick up, but he also owns a good size boat that he uses to fish the waters of Green Bay & Lake Michigan. He also uses a trailer to haul his ATV or UTV to various lakes for ice fishing in the winter. He has no desire to own two vehicles (except his Harley). He kept his last truck for 15 years before replacing it. My brother works hard (long hours). When he replace his 2003 GMC with a 2018, he paid cash. Truthfully, he financed it to get the best deal & paid the entire truck off 3 months later. Having a GMC credit card that he never used save him $3000 on the deal. After all the rebates & everything, his extend cab, short box was well under $30,000.

I realize some people own trucks & SUVs that don't really need them. My parents haven't owned a car for a long time now. They like the getting in & out of a mid-size SUV, improve visibility, & added safety (having AWD in northern Wisconsin can be justified). When my Dad was still working, he drove his pickup truck to work. My parents have had a pickup truck since taking over my grandparent's farm in 1972. My first experience with a manual vehicle was a 1972 Chevy pickup truck. I wish that I had that old red truck!

Currently, my Mirage & Forester serve my needs. Yesterday, I talked to my rural postal carrier briefly. We know each other, & I had her kids in school (class & coached) & btw driving lessons. She loves her Nissan Cube for delivering mail. She sits in the middle of it & delivers mail all day. I think her route is about 105/day, & she been using it for 4 years now. She also loves the visibility of a Cube, which is important for her job. My former mail carrier always drove K cars with bench seats. If I had a job like that, I wouldn't be using one of my manual vehicles. Several rural postal workers in our area have right driver side Jeep Wranglers.

I really don't worry about what others drive, & I surely don't care what people think of what I drive. Unless someone is actually pulling out a tape measure & measuring a person's junk, I wouldn't put much weight into any of this. In the full scheme of life, it's really not that important.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-25-2020),precisionxt (10-25-2020)