Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ETACS/ECU issue - SOLVED! Bad back-up lamp fuse

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can return it, minus the programming fee. I'll consider it a "check your fuses, dummy" fine for my mistake. If this whole thread even helps one person, I'll consider it a victory.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmcki For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmcki View Post
    I can return it, minus the programming fee. I'll consider it a "check your fuses, dummy" fine for my mistake.
    Wonder if the new ECU would work now...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe, but I'm not about to find out. lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is something I wanted to post about earlier in the thread, but what I had experienced was a different error code and I didn't want to send you on a wild goose chase.

But yeah, this same thing happened to me. I think the ECU uses the wiring circuit which contains the reverse lights as a CAN bus to communicate with the TCM. The result being that if you add anything to your reverse light circuit which causes any noise in the circuit (certain types of LED lights and accessories) or breaks the circuit entirely (having a light go out, fuse blow out), the ECU can no longer communicate with the transmission and will completely lock the shifter in park.

I suppose that's one way to warn the driver of a burnt out taillight? Makes me worry what would happen if something went wrong /while driving/.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

Bmcki (10-27-2020)

Damnit, i have some cheap azz led bulbs for backup lights....I had some left over from when I swapped out my camper lights. I kept the old bulbs in the glove box but I don't think I even have any tools in my car other than a tire iron. Worst case smash tail light with tire iron and change out bulb if stranded and suspect reverse light causing problem lol So far so good, been in there for a 2-3 weeks now. I first tried them in the signal lights but they hyperflashed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bmcki (10-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Hey Bmcki can we talk more about your Service Manual? That’s some valuable information there that others can use. Most of us use the 2015 version.

We have a long way to go to get to 30 pages.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)