Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone try a K&N drop in air filter yet?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not worried about that since I regularly clean out the intake anyway. Since both of my last cars suffered from EGR problems that would prevent me from having the CEL off, I'll be spraying some aerosol Seafoam through the EGR and intake tracts every once in a while, along with cleaning the MAF and such.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm not worried about the crud gets deposited in the intake either, it's the crud that didn't stick to the intake that worries me.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    I'm using this :
    Name:  Mirage Ferrox.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  23.7 KB

http://www.primes.asia/
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would consider modifying the air filter housing just to increase the cool intake honk of the little 3 pot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My K&N filter arrived this morning, and I got the chance to try it out running a couple errands. It doesn't feel like it adds any noticeable power, which was expected, but it DID increase throttle response. Before, I'd have to hold the gas down for a moment before letting the clutch out otherwise the engine would bog down a bit, but with the K&N filter in, that's pretty much gone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    My K&N filter arrived this morning, and I got the chance to try it out running a couple errands. It doesn't feel like it adds any noticeable power, which was expected, but it DID increase throttle response. Before, I'd have to hold the gas down for a moment before letting the clutch out otherwise the engine would bog down a bit, but with the K&N filter in, that's pretty much gone.
    Was your old filter packed with dirt ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope, it only had 8860 miles on it. Still pretty clean. I've had the bogging issue since it was new, and it was actually rather irritating. I wasn't sure if it was the electronic throttle lag or what, but it seems to be cured now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope, it only had 8860 miles on it. Still pretty clean. I've had the bogging issue since it was new, and it was actually rather irritating. I wasn't sure if it was the electronic throttle lag or what, but it seems to be cured now.
    Sounds like there's something else going on there.
    Mine responds well enough. It's not as snappy as a mechanically operated throttle, but it's not bad.
    Maybe you could do a video of the bogging?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got this bogging issue as well, particularly noticeable when the climate control blower is on. Not a big deal, but annoying due to the semi-laggy ETC.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, my last car had a cable throttle, and with the K&N filter the throttle response was almost telepathic. I'm still adjusting to the drive-by-wire. Before I bought the car, I thought it was cable, but then I found out that was the clutch cable that happens to point right at the throttle body.