Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axle seals for manual transmission

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    The AISIN manual gearbox is common on Toyota, Daihatsu and others. The triplets have basically the same gearbox. It should not be a problem getting seals from Toyota.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure if this is right, but after lots of looking I may have found SKF part numbers for these.

The BH2077 would be SKF 13478.
    The BH2078 would be SKF 13439.

These part numbers also match up to a bunch of Toyota's which makes sense since Aisin makes the manual gearbox for these things. I'll have to get some from the local parts store and compare. If they work... well... that would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    The AISIN manual gearbox is common on Toyota, Daihatsu and others. The triplets have basically the same gearbox. It should not be a problem getting seals from Toyota.
    The source of the manual transmission has come up before:

Who manufactures the (F5MDB) manual transmission in the 1.2L Mirage? (Update: Aisin)

Though details have been hard to come by.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, and the seals I found after doing some cross referencing are shared with, of all things, the Toyota Celica haha. Scotty Kilmer would soil his pants if he knew that. At any rate, I'll pick them up sometime tomorrow and compare them to the ones currently in the transmission.

It makes me feel a little better about the transmission. Aisin usually makes pretty good stuff. If they did the automatics for these things, they probably would last forever.

-Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)