Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy guacamole! Mirage makes most reliable 2020 list from JD POWER

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don't judge me!
    Stop begging for attention with charged posts? Isn't attention what you want?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Are we fighting?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Are we fighting?
    Haha no I like you Fummins. We just don't get along, but we are still efriends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't view the Consumer Reviews on the JD Power Website. You can view the "expert review" on the JDPower website but not the Consumer Reviews. The "expert review" doesn't even list the 2020 Mirage on their review... so where are they getting their information from?

But hey, it's cool the Mirage made the list, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Makes you wonder how they found ten subcompacts these days.

Maybe that explains the Mirage’s rankings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Its nice to see, but how much stock do we put in JD POWER? Isn't their testing flawed because they don't truly measure reliability (powertrain failure) but just warranty work from broken radio knob to failed engine, conflating the numbers by including essentials with non-essentials? I'm asking.

Car and Driver: Most Reliable New Cars: 2020 Models.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...able-new-cars/
    I think a lot of people on car Forums probably know more about each particular car on that list, than a lot of the pro automotive journalists do.

Auto journalists are just trying to make a good snapshot list of what products are available this year. That is all a car magazine is half the time. A big advertisement for the car industry in general. The fact the Mirage is on that list, and not that other one, well that just goes to show they slap on whatever they car find of the 10 subcompact cars on the market today, or the truck market, or sedan market.

Lots of people on the forum know more about mechanics than I do for sure, however I just happened to own a Mirage for almost 7 years, so I know what stuff goes and what keeps reliable on my own Mirage ES. Seems pretty reliable and more lively now than the first day I bought the car. Yes I am talking about my car like it is alive lol.

By reading the 2018 Mirage consumer reviews you can easily pick the normal people from the dumbtards. Who buy's a new car then complains that it's slow? Did they honestly expect a 78hp car to be quick? https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Consumer-Reviews

I just skimmed through the link on the first post in this thread. Wow, they picked the sonic for #1? I'll admit the ones we have with the 1.8L with the 6spd auto are pretty quick. I haven't driven a 1.4L turbo sonic but I did briefly drive a turbo cruze which I assume has the same engine as the newer sonics. It was an absolute turd in comparison. Direct injection, valve cover leaks, vacuum leaks, broken hoses, intercooler full of oil, constantly throwing cat efficiency codes and it had a lot of oil leaks I didn't even want to tackle. I'd never buy a newer chevy or gm product from 2007 up. They went kinda crappy after that.

I find the Mirage is built so you can maintain it yourself.
    -Air filter is right there in plain view, 2 clips.
    -Oil change, easy to do. Pull drain plug and remove oil filter. No need to pull a wheel, and inner fender or plastic shield that makes everything impossible to see.
    -Transmission fluid, pull a plug and jack up back of the car to get an extra 1/2l out. Drop the pan to get more juice out, change filter on the side by removing one bolt. Made easier by removing wheel and popping out a few clips to get inner fender out of the way. But still not a big deal to do every 30,000 miles.
    -Spark plugs. Good for 100,000miles. Easy. Remove 3 bolts for the air cleaner, loosen 1 hose clamp, get air cleaner out of the way, then 3 bolts hold the coils in. Plugs are right there on top. 15-30 mins job for the home gamer.
    -Belt, again...easy. It's right there, 14mm, 12mm sockets. No need to pull a wheel and inner fender or have to buy a belt tensioner tool. Simple 10 min novice job.
    -Forgot about brakes..Front pads and rotors,pull the wheels off then remove 1 or 2 14mm bolts. Don't have to remove the caliper bracket to get the rotor off cause the outer pad just clips onto the caliper. Whoohoo! thanks cheap car!And the calipers are so tiny you can push the piston back into the caliper by hand.
    -Even headlight or tail light, signal light. All of the front light bulbs are easily replaced without tools. And the tail/brake, signal/reverse lights only require removing 2 Philips screws.
    -The window regulator do not have cables that are prone to break. They use the same design as they've used since before I was a swimmer.
    -14" tires are typically cheaper than 15's in theory.
    -I haven't seen any oil leaks on Mirage's other than a few axle seals. The ones I had happened after replacing the axles with different used ones.

Looking at the fuel economy figures, though they usually aren't identical to real world results, if I were gonna buy a cheap crappy(a term of endearment) car I'd want 40mpg or very close to that. I'd never consider buying a Mirage if it claimed to get 30mpg in the city! I'll spend a little more and get something nicer that has similar or better numbers like a korean entry level hybrid.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-27-2020 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Wow, my grammar and punctuation is terrible!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-27-2020),MetroMPG (10-27-2020),precisionxt (10-27-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I bet they enjoy being hog tied with a ballgag in their mouth while being whipped by a hairy guy wearing a miniskirt. Some people is crazy!
    Sounds like a regular Tuesday night for me except add traffic cone size buttplugs! Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-27-2020)

I can't unread that.
    Mirage videos:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-27-2020),MirageRally (10-27-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good to see the Mirage getting some positive press!