Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blueberry is home. 2020 Mirage manual likes & dislikes...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 998 Posts

The Blueberry is home...

Well - My Lil' Truckster is at home. My salesman was a saleswoman. And quite good to deal with. She started referring to it as The Little Blueberry ... that may stick. I drove it all the way from Eastern Pa to the south side of Atlanta metro. I thought it was a fabulous interstate cruiser. Much better than I expected. Sure, it's no LS 460L, but for $11,800 it is one very nice piece of machinery.

I'll state some likes / dislikes. But take my dislikes with a grain of salt as these are by no means deal breakers. And quite acceptable for the money. And the likes are only those things that stick out to me as different than I've experienced before because I pretty much like the whole car.

• The HD FM stations, I've never experienced this before. Something I'll learn about.
    • I like the position of the front and mid/rear cup holder(s).
    • The "lil truckster" capability. I've already been hauling around motorcycle wheels and tires, and my dog.
    • The fact that I beat the EPA mpg, with a not even broken in engine.
    • The unique sound of the engine / exhaust. I'm going to see if I can get a tasteful bit more of it (more on that later).
    • The Euro side-marker lights.
    • The cruise control holds the speed real nice. Much better than I expected it would.
    • The BT phone call has better reception / sound than expected in this price range. In my experience when I was working for Hyunda / Kia, their BT systems were crapola. But things have really improved, evidently.
    • The lack of an armrest didn't seem to bother me at all, but I did use that center cup holder. So now I'm wondering if I should just do without an armrest.

Dislikes:

• The gear spacing from 1st to 2nd is too great. And, the lever move from 1st to 2nd can be notchy. This big gap might be an issue if I wind up towing around my cute little utility trailer.
    • The horn is too embarrassing to honk.

My trip back I fueled up 3 times.
    • 49.6 mpg (65 mph cruising through more populated metro areas)
    • 44.0 mpg (70 mph cruising through some rain).
    • 47.4 mpg (70 mph some wet areas)

Overall I averaged about 46.3 mpg on the way back. Which is great seeing that the EPA rating is 41 mpg highway.

Last edited by 7milesout; 11-11-2020 at 02:38 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

2of9 (11-11-2020),Cobrajet (10-27-2020),dragon2knight (10-28-2020),Fummins (10-27-2020),inuvik (10-27-2020),MetroMPG (10-28-2020),Top_Fuel (10-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    • The cruise control holds the speed real nice. Much better than I expected it would.
    I don't know if the 2020 cruise is programmed the same way as the 2014-17, but the first time I used it, I recall appreciating how smoothly it responded to speed changes. Other cars I've driven are too abrupt/jerky.

Might just be a fuction of being low on power.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I hate the horn too! It screams "dorkmobile!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Here's my fix for the horn on my old Mirage. I used a set of Grand Prix horns I got for free on a different one and I need to get more horns for the other two I have.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (10-28-2020),MetroMPG (10-28-2020)

I thought about train horns but they're pricey. I really don't use mine very often. It's hard to be intimating while driving a clown car. I used to work with a crazy guy who wired up a car alarm siren to his horn. He had a lot of fun screwing with people in that car lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Where you at? By the airport? Atlanta native here. We are lucky because we have a lot more Mitsu dealerships than most areas. Do yourself a favor though, ziptie those wheel covers lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk - I'm in PTC. Ziptie them? They fly off? I don't like them anyway. As bad as they are, they're growing on me a little. At least those wheel covers represent, "this is the least expensive Mirage that can be procured." And I like to represent correctly.

I would upgrade, if I found some that were mo' snazzy, for mo' cheapuh (meaning, just plain cheap). But I don't care for the directionals ... like saw blades. I'm OCD, it's just wrong to be sawing correctly on one side, and be sawing backward on the other. I can't do it.

I'm fine with a meetup sometime. I am so happy with the mpg! It gets within a couple mpg of my friggin Burgman. Makes me wonder if I should keep the Burgman or not because now the Blueberry can be my cheap run around. And get me something more manly ... like maybe a Yamaha Bolt. The Newnan dealer has one they're trying to give me (sort of). More on this below (I feel the need to explain).

OH! Another thing I don't like about the Mirage
    • I wish it had Automagic Volume Control.

Because, you know, "I be rollin' at 55 mph and I be bumpin', an when I be coming to a traffic light, I don't be wanting the skoo girls around me to be getting all impressed with my geezer bumpin in my blueberry." That's a little embarrasing to be caught bumpin in a little blueberry. I'm not a grampa yet, got a few more years I hope. But I do not like country music any longer (since my brother died, I can't listen to that sad crap, and fake twang and fake country stars who dress up in their fake cowboy crap). I like all music (including rap) except country. So I listen to a potpourri mix of music via Pandora.

As for the Yamaha Bolt. When I were but a wee lad, my Paw brought home a brochure for a Honda Rebel 250. He never bought one, but I read that brouchure, must have been 50 times. As a kid, I fell in love with it. Fast forward a hundred years to last year ... a coworker rode to work on a nice Honda Rebel, and I fell in love with it all over again. So I procured a 2016 (the last year they made the 250), that had 44 miles on it. I've played around with it enough now to get over my love for it. So I will be selling it in the spring, or over the winter. However, I've been at the bike shop and one of the salesmen there is trying to talk me into trading the Rebel for a Bolt. Now, since procuring the Blueberry, I'm thinking what if I can trade the Rebel and the Burgman both even for the Bolt. I think I would do that. They're not worth much, and I need room in the garage. So ... that's what I'm considering.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - I'm in PTC. Ziptie them? They fly off? I don't like them anyway. As bad as they are, they're growing on me a little. At least those wheel covers represent, "this is the least expensive Mirage that can be procured." And I like to represent correctly.

I would upgrade, if I found some that were mo' snazzy, for mo' cheapuh (meaning, just plain cheap). But I don't care for the directionals ... like saw blades. I'm OCD, it's just wrong to be sawing correctly on one side, and be sawing backward on the other. I can't do it.

I'm fine with a meetup sometime. I am so happy with the mpg! It gets within a couple mpg of my friggin Burgman. Makes me wonder if I should keep the Burgman or not because now the Blueberry can be my cheap run around. And get me something more manly ... like maybe a Yamaha Bolt. The Newnan dealer has one they're trying to give me (sort of). More on this below (I feel the need to explain).

OH! Another thing I don't like about the Mirage
    • I wish it had Automagic Volume Control.

Because, you know, "I be rollin' at 55 mph and I be bumpin', an when I be coming to a traffic light, I don't be wanting the skoo girls around me to be getting all impressed with my geezer bumpin in my blueberry." That's a little embarrasing to be caught bumpin in a little blueberry. I'm not a grampa yet, got a few more years I hope. But I do not like country music any longer (since my brother died, I can't listen to that sad crap, and fake twang and fake country stars who dress up in their fake cowboy crap). I like all music (including rap) except country. So I listen to a potpourri mix of music via Pandora.

As for the Yamaha Bolt. When I were but a wee lad, my Paw brought home a brochure for a Honda Rebel 250. He never bought one, but I read that brouchure, must have been 50 times. As a kid, I fell in love with it. Fast forward a hundred years to last year ... a coworker rode to work on a nice Honda Rebel, and I fell in love with it all over again. So I procured a 2016 (the last year they made the 250), that had 44 miles on it. I've played around with it enough now to get over my love for it. So I will be selling it in the spring, or over the winter. However, I've been at the bike shop and one of the salesmen there is trying to talk me into trading the Rebel for a Bolt. Now, since procuring the Blueberry, I'm thinking what if I can trade the Rebel and the Burgman both even for the Bolt. I think I would do that. They're not worth much, and I need room in the garage. So ... that's what I'm considering.

7milesout
    Brother, I'm not trying to rude but I only understood about 10% of that reply lol. Does PTC mean Peachtree corners? As for wheels, we put in Vision Cross from discount tires and they look great on the G4 sedan we got. I also have a hatchback Mirage too but I'm sticking with my OEM wheels for now. This are the Vision Cross at $67 a pop, great deal with 175 65 r14 Barum Brillantis tires, also cheap @ like $50 a pop. Name:  Screenshot_20201028-094917_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  73.7 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ohhhh PTC means Peachtree City lol. I didn't realize that town had an acronym. Your Mirage will fit in considering half the vehicles there are golf carts lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry yes, Peachtree City. I just paid almost as much for a new golf cart (2021 Yamaha Quietech). It's amazing how expensive the cart was (volume related) and how inexpensive the Mirage was.

Those are nice looking wheels, but I'm going to run the stock steel wheels. I may just pull the covers off and see how it looks before I spend any money on replacing them (the covers). I'm going to do a few things to the Blueberry, but try not to spend too much money on it.