Thread: Blueberry :: 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Blueberry
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Blue
    5-speed

Wheel Covers from Summit Racing.
    12" Gear Shift Extender.
    Tow Hitch Wire Harness.
    Curt 11394 Tow Hitch.

Details

Stock with different wheel covers.

Comments: 4 / Views: 3692
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Thanks 7milesout for making a forum Garage entry. Looking forward to seeing all the modifications you have planned for this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Not a whole lot planned. Add fogs. Maybe an armrest. It's not too horrible without one. Better wheel covers. And a hitch. That should be about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Not a whole lot planned. Add fogs. Maybe an armrest. It's not too horrible without one. Better wheel covers. And a hitch. That should be about it.
    I got the hitch and wheel covers done. I haven't progressed past that.

But I do have an issue with the Blueberry.

The Service wrench icon has now activated. Seems like it activated right about 12,000 miles, maybe a bit sooner.

I did an oil and filter change at 7,490 miles. I'm pretty sure I reset the maintenance thing then. I didn't plan to do another oil change until 15,000 miles (7,500 mile OCI). However,

Could it be that my maintenance light is set to the 'Harsh Conditions' schedule? Or is it more likely that I didn't reset the maintenance reminder last time?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Could it be that my maintenance light is set to the 'Harsh Conditions' schedule? Or is it more likely that I didn't reset the maintenance reminder last time?
    As far as your question goes - When you reset the wrench icon, I think you should be able to tell what schedule it's set at?

I find the "wrench" icon to be somewhat useless. I just reset it whenever it appears. I means nothing to me. Still feel like I need to watch the below clip every time the wrench appears -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfnBnQ_dc

If I were you, I would just reset it and do your oil change as planned (@ 15,000 miles).

I prefer to do 5,000 mile oil/filter change intervals. I need reminders for a number of things in life, but not for that!