Thread: New-To-Me 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New-To-Me 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage!

Hi all! I've been off here for a bit because I was forced to pull my 2018 Mirage off the road due to Carvana (online car dealer) messing up the title whilst trying to register it. They "fixed" the issue by asking me to return it and grab another vehicle from them that arrived already registered.

Of course I chose another Mirage

This 2019 ES model amazingly has the same beautiful Pearl White color and it also sports all of the 2019 upgrades including a vastly improved 6 way adjustable drivers seat and cruise control over the 2018 I had, so I'm really not complaining here

To make Carvana's day even worse, I had them give it new brakes, new tires (165R 14 Bridgestone Potenza RE92's) and they also paid for a professional detailing, all on them. Least they could do

I updated it in my Garage entry, but here are some more pics for your viewing pleasure, complete with the current mods I've done to it (center console and wind deflectors, good for 5 more horsepower, of course).

Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 10-28-2020 at 08:23 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-28-2020),inuvik (10-28-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice new Mirage, dragon2knight. Glad you stayed with Mirage. You got a bunch of upgrades I wish I had on my own base ES 2014 Mirage. The cubby thing armrest, the upgraded HP (can you feel any difference?) and I forget what else. Anyway I thought I posted a welcome back, then it got deleted. So I'm sorry if you got 2 posts from me eh. Cheers from Canada

Oh ya I had Bridgestone Potenzas on my Mirage from 2017-2020. I still have them, they are just totally bald. I liked them more than the Dunlops I have yet again. But if the price is right, I am not sure of any major performance differences with Dunlop Endasaves and the Bridgestones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (10-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Nice new Mirage, dragon2knight. Glad you stayed with Mirage. You got a bunch of upgrades I wish I had on my own base ES 2014 Mirage. The cubby thing armrest, the upgraded HP (can you feel any difference?) and I forget what else. Anyway I thought I posted a welcome back, then it got deleted. So I'm sorry if you got 2 posts from me eh. Cheers from Canada

Oh ya I had Bridgestone Potenzas on my Mirage from 2017-2020. I still have them, they are just totally bald. I liked them more than the Dunlops I have yet again. But if the price is right, I am not sure of any major performance differences with Dunlop Endasaves and the Bridgestones.
    The Enasaves were like slicks to me even with good tread on them. The RE92's are grippier by a long shot. Eventually I'm trading up to a larger rim/tire anyway, so these will do for the time being.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    The Enasaves were like slicks to me even with good tread on them. The RE92's are grippier by a long shot. Eventually I'm trading up to a larger rim/tire anyway, so these will do for the time being.
    Ya I am thinking of the same and getting 15", preferably Mitsubishi ones.. Europe gets other alloys on the Space Star that you cant get in Canada/USA.. so those rims would be nice. Or like maybe go gold rims to stand out with my plain Mirage, since my car has no chrome.

My point about tires: : The price has to be right though. I got my used 2016 alloy rims I got now, with newer Dunlops, for less than $150. Maybe I won't get that deal ever again.

I should get some all-weathers new, and then I am set again... but my Dunlops haven't even seen 1 winter yet,..

I think the Mirage is small but actually pretty decent handling in the winter, and my manual always helps in the winter too, except traffic jams like I was in earlier today, and the stick shift is annoying. Sorry for babbling on there haha

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (10-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nah, you aren't babbling, just speakin' the plain truth I'm hoping to keep them 14 inchers simply for the supposed gas mileage edge you get with that size, which is the whole point of this car to me anyway. I'll see what I can get in the next week or so.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    Nah, you aren't babbling, just speakin' the plain truth I'm hoping to keep them 14 inchers simply for the supposed gas mileage edge you get with that size, which is the whole point of this car to me anyway. I'll see what I can get in the next week or so.
    Yea eh, great fuel economy was why I bought my Mirage too.. gas mileage only goes up when you are going too fast in the Mirage. I took my car onto the freeway today and it started drinking more. From 5.5 L/100kms this week to 6.1 going fast. And last week I was getting 4.5 so I dunno how accurate the fuel gauge is on my Mirage.

The car is a City car so it's not meant to go that fast. I was gonna say that when I bought my Mirage in early 2014 new, gas was almost $1.40 in Ontario. Now it's around $.99 cents. And in Michigan last summer I paid around $3.49 a gallon. I forget the conversion but I have paid wayyy less in metro Detroit years back, I know that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea eh, great fuel economy was why I bought my Mirage too.. gas mileage only goes up when you are going too fast in the Mirage. I took my car onto the freeway today and it started drinking more. From 5.5 L/100kms this week to 6.1 going fast. And last week I was getting 4.5 so I dunno how accurate the fuel gauge is on my Mirage.

The car is a City car so it's not meant to go that fast. I was gonna say that when I bought my Mirage in early 2014 new, gas was almost $1.40 in Ontario. Now it's around $.99 cents. And in Michigan last summer I paid around $3.49 a gallon. I forget the conversion but I have paid wayyy less in metro Detroit years back, I know that.
    Oh yea, gas prices are either good or bad around these parts, depends on the time of day sometimes. Average is around $3.00 or so. Besides gas mileage I got the Mirage for it's size. Parking in NYC is an Olympic event, or at least it should be The smaller the car, the sooner you get off the streets.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea eh I believe it. I live in rural Ontario right near the great lakes. I could park 15 Mirages in my driveway, and I have 1 car and a small carport lol. City life has its perks, I have been to NYC as well as Detroit and other big American cities. Detroit and Toronto are sprawling cities, and where you are is more like Europe with its parking issues... like in Amsterdam types of cities, a lot of bikes and public transportation. Good and bad. I had fun visiting NYC and driving there was different than I expected especially Pennsylvania.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea eh I believe it. I live in rural Ontario right near the great lakes. I could park 15 Mirages in my driveway, and I have 1 car and a small carport lol. City life has its perks, I have been to NYC as well as Detroit and other big American cities. Detroit and Toronto are sprawling cities, and where you are is more like Europe with its parking issues... like in Amsterdam types of cities, a lot of bikes and public transportation. Good and bad. I had fun visiting NYC and driving there was different than I expected especially Pennsylvania.
    I love driving all over the US. Haven't been up to Canada yet, just got an Enhanced ID (a hopped up drivers license
    ) that acts like a passport so maybe I'll shoot up to Buffalo NY and hop over there next time out. I've been wanting to do it for quite some time.