Thread: My Canadian brothers, a dark day indeed for the Great White North....

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

My Canadian brothers, a dark day indeed for the Great White North....

https://financialpost.com/news/retai...orning-commute

I'll get over it.

I'm over it now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And yet, McDonald's powers through like a boss. God bless Ray Kroc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    American chiming in here - people I had talked to over the years always held Tim Horton's in very high regard. Said it was awesome and is someplace that you need to go to at least once if you ever go to Canada.

Unfortunately, in recent years I've also heard that their quality has massively decreased due to a change in corporate ownership. It's a shame, as I finally live near the border and could conceivably make a road trip and stop off at one of these pretty easily. Seems I missed my chance :'(

Here's hoping BeaverTails doesn't start sucking as well.

I never followed the tim hortons fad. Some people go there everyday to spend money on coffee though. I really don't see the appeal. Maybe it's laced with cocaine? I could see if it had a cool decor or something? The last time I was inside one there was nothing special, just a bunch of little tables all packed tightly together and a line up out of people watching you eat lol. And a long line around the building of cars waiting to get into the drive-through.
    I guess I'd go once to say I did if I've never been.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Timmies got bought out by Burger King a few years back. Honestly the Timmies I see seem busier than ever. The ones in Michigan, not so much. I saw a few abandoned Timmies last time I was in Port Huron area.

The drive-thru line ups are epic, and some people get Timmies religiously, every day. Their coffee is not that good. I think a lot of coffee drinkers getting their Double Doubles (2 cream, 2 sugars) must not actually like the taste of coffee. Kinda like the Bud Light drinkers who "love" beer.

Anyhow, I don't get how Timmies is doing so bad if they seem very busy around my town, and in the cities nearby. Poor management? They are known to be stingy with employees, so I dunno.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)