Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fuel efficiency: Unexpected differences (comparing each half of a round trip)

Attachment 24011 I used the weird reverse zoom feature on my phone to take that pic, otherwise I would have had to walk down the highway a while to get the entire thing in the shot. It's hard to tell the trailer is longer than my car plus the wifes Sorrento with room to spare.
    Our 1700ish(probably closer to 2000lb at this point)Kawasaki Teryx4 is in the back of the trailer lol

What towing capacity sticker?

Last edited by Fummins; 07-25-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Did that truck tow it OK?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Did that truck tow it OK?
    It wasn't bad. I only did 50-55mph (80-90kphish)on the sketchy single lane highway though. It had loads of powers. I didn't bag on it at all. Just 1/4-1/3 throttle at best and it pulled it like a champ. I was really impressed. It does have the 6.2L fancy engine.

As for handling, it wasn't too sketchy. Coming down some steep grades I used the trailer brakes cause I could feel the trailer wanting to steer the truck a little. That drivetrain with 3/4 or 1 ton suspension would make a nice trailer hauler. I never thought a 1/2 ton could pull something that heavy, that well. It's up there on the list of sketchy things I've done though.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)