Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Locks Stopped Working...Sort Of - Fixed! CVT Shifter Not Fully Seated in Park

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Curious - How do you lock/unlock your rear hatch on your Mirage without power locks or remote entry? Does your rear hatch have a manual lock button?
    I'm pretty sure my car only has a key hole in the drivers door, not in the passenger door or hatch. If the electric latch craps out I'm sol.
    There is just a handle on the hatch, no button or keyhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I lock/unlock my rear hatch using my car key. My hatch has an actual key hole, identical to the key holes on the driver door and the passenger door.

You just put the key in, and turn to the right, and this locks the hatch. Turn the other way, and unlocks the hatch.

Edit sorry in cold weather, the key mechanism on the driver's door gets really sticky.
    This reminds me I should see if my key even works in my door, it's probably never been used.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At present, I cannot lock my rear hatch at all, no keyhole.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    At present, I cannot lock my rear hatch at all, no keyhole.
    As ludicrous as this sounds, do you have anything plugged into the OBD port or replace any bulbs with LED's? Not that this should be even remotely related to your issue but we've seen some pretty bizarre issues pop up due to these two factors because "ETACS".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-05-2020),Fummins (11-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    As ludicrous as this sounds, do you have anything plugged into the OBD port or replace any bulbs with LED's? Not that this should be even remotely related to your issue but we've seen some pretty bizarre issues pop up due to these two factors because "ETACS".
    It’s worth looking into. That and the connector behind the left-side kick panel.

But the locks can be unlocked,...?

How about the CVT shift lever - is it fully seated in the Park position?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

That's a weird one. What happens if you lock the drivers door from the inside manually not using the power lock switch?
    I've had multiple drivers lock the keys inside these cars and I've never really figured it out as it seems to be pretty idiot proof. The doors will not lock with the fob or power door lock switch if the key is in the ignition and if you manually try to lock the door with the little switch next to the handle (at least on the drivers door) it'll unlock the door(s)? automatically. I assume your door open/key in ignition chime works correctly and beeps when you have key in the ignition, key off and drivers door open?

And....Do you have an aftermarket alarm, remote start, or anything else that might be tapped into the harness anywhere?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm pretty sure my car only has a key hole in the drivers door, not in the passenger door or hatch. If the electric latch craps out I'm sol.
    There is just a handle on the hatch, no button or keyhole.

This reminds me I should see if my key even works in my door, it's probably never been used.
    I think any Mirage with power locks has one key access on the driver's door.

I asked dspace9, because he has manual locks. Having to insert your key every time you want to lock/unlock the hatch is a bit of a pain.

We were never offered a base level model that didn't have power locks & keyless entry in the States.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I was more so surprised that he has a key hole in his passenger door. I've seen that listed as an extra charge on some vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It’s worth looking into. That and the connector behind the left-side kick panel.

But the locks can be unlocked,...?

How about the CVT shift lever - is it fully seated in the Park position?
    Eggman, you hit that nail right on the head...the shift lever was, apparently, not fully seated in the park position; I wiggled it and heard a little click from it. After that, I found the doors would lock with the remotes and the door switches. What a bizarre little car!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-05-2020)

That's good news. But weird. I would have thought that the key would be stuck in the ignition?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    Eggman, you hit that nail right on the head...the shift lever was, apparently, not fully seated in the park position; I wiggled it and heard a little click from it. After that, I found the doors would lock with the remotes and the door switches. What a bizarre little car!!
    Well, have to put this one in the books for Mirage quirks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)