Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m back in a mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I’m back in a mirage!

Well it finally happened, I got my third mirage. In the past I had a 2014 and 2017 base cvt hatch. Loved the cars but I have an issue with getting bored with vehicles. Jump forward 3 years and due to some debt elimination and financial restructuring I’m back!

Yesterday I got what I think is a pretty sweet deal. It’s a 2017 mirage G4 es cvt with the infotainment package. Wine red, 30k miles, 1 owner car. Not in bad shape but it was definitely someone’s utensil to commute, not their baby. But that’s ok since that’s what it will be for me as well. The best part is I got the car for $6100 which seemed pretty good considering it’s a clean title.

Anyways, it’s good to be back on the forum!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

2of9 (11-10-2020),dragon2knight (11-07-2020),inuvik (11-07-2020),mitsumi (11-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's definitely a good deal, I'd say. Nice!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since you had hatches in the past, how are you liking the sedan?

Welcome back.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The G4 looks really good in wine red. One of my favourites of the newer Mirage paint colours.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    Well it finally happened, I got my third mirage. In the past I had a 2014 and 2017 base cvt hatch. Loved the cars but I have an issue with getting bored with vehicles. Jump forward 3 years and due to some debt elimination and financial restructuring I’m back!

Yesterday I got what I think is a pretty sweet deal. It’s a 2017 mirage G4 es cvt with the infotainment package. Wine red, 30k miles, 1 owner car. Not in bad shape but it was definitely someone’s utensil to commute, not their baby. But that’s ok since that’s what it will be for me as well. The best part is I got the car for $6100 which seemed pretty good considering it’s a clean title.

Glad to see you back.

You should be able to make another forum Garage entry (I think two's the limit.) Try this link:

Add Car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I prefer our G4 to our hatch.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like a sweet deal! Wine red is classy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. I’m liking the sedan, the trunk is quite large. It’s a bummer mitsu didn’t add the pass through in the trunk in 17 though. I’m doing a bunch of tinkering on it now and may make another post about my fluid film application.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Congrats on your 2017 G4 ES CVT! $6,100 for a G4 with only 30,000 miles is a great deal! New G4s are going for $12,500-13,000 in my area. You paid less than half of that price (along with less sales tax). Letting someone else eat the initial depreciation cost is a nice way to purchase a slightly used car.

If you take care of it, it will last you a very long time. You also have couple years of the bumper-to-bumper warranty left, & that's nice, too! Keep it, enjoy it, & don't get bored with it!

I enjoy vehicles that are paid off! Cars are money pits. Learning to appreciate what you already have is a good life lesson. I wish that I learned that earlier in life!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Thanks everyone. I’m liking the sedan, the trunk is quite large. It’s a bummer mitsu didn’t add the pass through in the trunk in 17 though. I’m doing a bunch of tinkering on it now and may make another post about my fluid film application.
    While I agree with you, when a sedan has a pass through / fold down seats, there is a certain test that has to be passed. I can't remember for sure but it was called an "Intrusion" test if I remember. A couple size wood blocks are placed in the trunk in certain positions (representing various anything that could be in a trunk) and a frontal collision test is performed. Those blocks cannot bust open the fold down seats, and are only allowed to displace the rear seats by so much. Very easy to fail that test. Lots of high speed cameras and "gauging" looking at these seats for the tests.

For an OEM it means the rear seats get much more expensive to beef up that structure. Hence the likely reason it is not done on a G4. Coming from a former seat design engineer for Toyota. The testing is somewhat expensive, however they can be tied in with other frontal collision testing that's going to be done anyway. So the testing expense would not be the primary reason to forgo this feature. The development cost and ongoing extra beef would be the reason(s).

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-09-2020)