Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW 2020 Mirage. WHAT HAVE PEOPLE PAID? $$

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    MOTOTREND also says the CVT gets better mpg. OK, ok, they may have said it, with all the other auto publications. That's a "for instance." But they probably have said it.

When I worked at Toyota in design, the magazines always screwed crap up. Even if we told them the fact directly, they'd print so many errors it was unbelievable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    MOTOTREND also says the CVT gets better mpg. OK, ok, they may have said it, with all the other auto publications. That's a "afor instance." But they probably have said it.

When I worked at Toyota in design, the magazines always screwed crap up. Even if we told them the fact directly, they'd print so many errors it was unbelievable.
    MOTOR TREND is just using Mitsubishi's numbers. They aren't driving these cars.

If people want to think the CVT has better mpg, so be it. Better mpg is the justification of CVT. In the Mirage, the 5-speed seems to do better in real life situations.