Thread: Recommendations for chrome lug nuts

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Recommendations for chrome lug nuts

I'm thinking about getting some chrome beauty rings and and some chrome lug nuts for my winter steel wheels. I like the more "classic" look. There seem to be endless options for lug nuts so I'm looking for some feedback on some people have tried.

From some quick googling they are M12x1.5, conical seat. Any other important info?

I used some old wheel nuts from a b2200 on my 2014 with aluminum wheels and work cars with steel wheels. I'm too cheap to buy new ones.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...l,lug+nut,7676
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got this kit from Amazon when I got my new Maxxim Maze wheels. I'm pleased with it. Just threw the security bit in the little faux leather bag with the rest of the tire changing equipment so it's there when I need it.

Only had it like 3 months, though, so I can't comment on longevity.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    I'm thinking about getting some chrome beauty rings and and some chrome lug nuts for my winter steel wheels. I like the more "classic" look. There seem to be endless options for lug nuts so I'm looking for some feedback on some people have tried.

From some quick googling they are M12x1.5, conical seat. Any other important info?
    I also got the Gorilla kit for 5-lug wheels. At the time it was cheaper than the 4-lug-per-wheel kit and I got some extras. So far so good - recommended. Also sold in black.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Dorman 611-141 is a perfect replacement for the acorn nuts that come on cars with alloy wheels.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Dorman-611-141

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Dorman 611-141 is a perfect replacement for the acorn nuts that come on cars with alloy wheels.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Dorman-611-141
    Those Dormans won't stick out as much as the Gorillas (the Gorillas are longer than the stock lug nuts.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Those Dormans won't stick out as much as the Gorillas (the Gorillas are longer than the stock lug nuts.)
    Yeah, I tried a few different off-the-shelf options from my local parts store and they all looked dorky because they stuck out too far.

These have a squarer shoulder than the OEM alloy wheel lug nuts, but are otherwise identical.