Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi May Go Free! (From Nissan)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Would purchase a Suzuki Jimny or Isuzu pickup in a heartbeat... Current mid size pickups were full size 20 years ago. I'd take a true Mitsu built pickup anyday. Nissan has really gone downhill from 2 mechanics I talk too

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    Wish Mitsubishi could collaborate with Suzuki or Isuzu. Miss both brands. Isuzu is now making pickups for Mazda.

Suzuki- Isuzu (non-gm/daewoo) products are great!
    Please please please team up with Suzuki, and then bring this over and make it affordable (not like how Wranglers have become):
    Name:  jimny.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  54.8 KB
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to craigq For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (11-18-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    Would purchase a Suzuki Jimny or Isuzu pickup in a heartbeat... Current mid size pickups were full size 20 years ago. I'd take a true Mitsu built pickup anyday. Nissan has really gone downhill from 2 mechanics I talk too
    Hahahahahah I didn't even read this reply before posting a picture of the Jimny.
    I'm sorry Jeep (Wrangler) & Ford (Bronco), but to me $40K is not affordable.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to craigq For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-17-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Suzuki/Mitsubishi alliance would rock!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (11-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    Please please please team up with Suzuki, and then bring this over and make it affordable (not like how Wranglers have become):
    Name:  jimny.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  54.8 KB
    I really like the Suzuki Jimny. Small 1.5L engine (100 hp) with a manual transmission would be awesome. A fun body on a frame 4WD SUV like this & a rugged little pickup truck would put Mitsubishi back on the map. Mitsubishi should be building vehicles for the North American market that others are ignoring.

A vehicle like the Jimny.

A vehicle like the Mitsubishi Montero or old Isuzu Trooper (also body on frame vehicles).

A truly small pickup truck (with a frame), not a 4-door passenger vehicle with a small box in the back (worthless).

None of this will happen, but it's the only thing that would interest me in Mitsubishi. There's really nothing outside a 5-speed Mirage that would get me to visit a Mitsubishi showroom currently. That may explain why the Outlander & Eclipse Cross are the two slowest selling vehicles in the U.S. market?

I would like to see the Jimny in the States, but I would rather see Suzuki paired up with Toyota.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    If Toyota sells Mazdas as Toyota’s, why not sell the Suzuki Jimny as a Mitsubishi? Didn’t Nissan do that with a Mitsubishi? The kei car that got caught up in the fuel economy scandal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If Toyota sells Mazdas as Toyota’s, why not sell the Suzuki Jimny as a Mitsubishi? Didn’t Nissan do that with a Mitsubishi? The kei car that got caught up in the fuel economy scandal.
    The Mitsubishi dealership network is not all that great. I much rather see Suzuki combine with a company like Toyota.

Toyota does sell cars related to Mazda, Subaru, & BMW, but I preferred Toyota vehicles being sold as other brands like the Pontiac Vibe & old Geo Prizm. Obviously, GM (Geo/Chevy Tracker) has more of a history with Suzuki (Sidekick).

My first Mitsubishi vehicle was a 1989 Plymouth Colt DL Wagon. The only thing Plymouth was the chrome Plymouth name plate. Everything else on the car was pretty much Mitsubishi.

The large dealership network of these domestic companies (selling Toyota, Suzuki, or Mitsubishi vehicles) made these vehicles more appealing to more customers in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Mitsubishi dealership network is not all that great. I much rather see Suzuki combine with a company like Toyota.

Toyota does sell cars related to Mazda, Subaru, & BMW, but I preferred Toyota vehicles being sold as other brands like the Pontiac Vibe & old Geo Prizm. Obviously, GM (Geo/Chevy Tracker) has more of a history with Suzuki (Sidekick).

The large dealership network of these domestic companies (selling Toyota, Suzuki, or Mitsubishi vehicles) made these vehicles more appealing to more customers in my opinion.
    I hear what you're saying but I'd rather see Mitsubishi built up rather than yet another Toyota on the roads. Even better would be our domestic automakers grow their business (not just trucks & SUVs) but that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My first Mitsubishi vehicle was a 1989 Plymouth Colt DL Wagon. The only thing Plymouth was the chrome Plymouth name plate. Everything else on the car was pretty much Mitsubishi.
    Me too only mine was a 1976 - 13 years older. But you can agree that it is not an uncommon practice.

Anyway, here's hoping Mitsubishi sticks around no matter what shape or form that may be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The newest madza pickup is rebaged Isuzu dmax. the small toyota car was a 4 door mazda 2. Current S-cross (sx4) would sell here rebaged they even make the vitara

A think a new Samurai would be cool! I had an old sj410 a while ago. It was tiny with a simple drivetrain with a divorced t-case so you could drop in almost any 2wd motor and transmission combo easy enough. I remember seeing one on the highway one time, in the back of an early 90's Ford long box truck. I can't see you could fitting one inside the back of today's tacoma...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)