Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Volt

Hate to be the devils advocate but
    [B]" [SIZE=6]Coming in last in the Consumer Repor

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 04:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (11-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That sucks, I really like the Model S...Really luxurious and good mpg electric range that'd be the one car l'd own...fast when you want it....and Eco for long drives...plus all the cameras to monitor in case some one messes with your car. The option to disable your car from your phone is cool too
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    An electric car is a good idea. Wouldn't mind having one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I keep circling back to just keeping the Mirage. It seems to make the most sense right now.
    From a purely logical/financial approach, it's hard to make sense out of anything other than a Mirage. I can't justify a new Bolt purchase...but they are so cheap down here right now I may get one anyway.

I didn't do a great job explaining how an EV works on a long trip. You don't have to stop every 100 miles. You just have to plan your stops ahead of time and space them out according to the range capacity of your EV's battery. Tesla's software will automatically do this for you. With a Bolt, you use an app to do your planning. It's not difficult unless you live in a remote area of the country where the fast charging infrastructure is limited.

Here's what a 600 mile trip in a Tesla would look like...you could do it with 1 40-minute stop.

• Start with a fully charged battery.
    • Drive 300 miles.
    • Stop at a Supercharger station...plug in car for 40 minutes while you grab a sandwich.
    • Drive remaining 300 miles.

A Bolt could do the same trip...but you'd have to stop twice and probably double the charging time. Sure...it's not as fast a trip as a Volt or internal combustion engine trip would be. But it's not a nightmare, either. I guess if you make monthly 600+ mile trips, an EV might not be a great choice. But if you need to make that trek a couple of times a year, it's no big deal. The other 363 days of the year, you could probably get by with charging a Tesla or Bolt 1-2 times a week and never run out of range.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All the hate the Mirage gets... I was so happy to get my blue one back after having crap 2021 Impreza Sport Wagon service loaner car for a week. Stupid Impreza was awful.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Hate to be the devils advocate but
    " Coming in last in the Consumer Reports road test
    Scoring only 29 points, the 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage came in dead last in a recent overview of cars that did the best and the worst on the Consumer Reports road test. Considering the best car, the 2020 BMW 7 series, scored 99 points, you can see that there is quite a big difference between the winner and the loser. Consumer Reports noted that it is actually very rare for a car to score this low on a road test and that it was the worst car they had driven in years. based on the Consumer Reports road test, you may wind up wanting to just leave it where it’s parked.
    "

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/this-ca...rts-road-test/

I've heard lots of not great things about tesla's build quality but they are pretty cool cars otherwise. More of a novelty in my opinion. To be honest, I didn't think they'd be around this long.
    Most disappointing vehicles I have owned in the past have been top picks by Consumer Reports. They really get things wrong sometimes, & they never correct themselves either.

Their bashing of the Mirage is nothing new, but CR has lost my respect years ago. If I was rating car reviews, CR would be at the bottom of my list, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Most disappointing vehicles I have owned in the past have been top picks by Consumer Reports.
    Right. And some of the more dependable cars I have owned were rated poor and/or unreliable by CR.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    All the hate the Mirage gets... I was so happy to get my blue one back after having crap 2021 Impreza Sport Wagon service loaner car for a week. Stupid Impreza was awful.
    I'm a defender of the Mirage as well but that Impreza is what? 40% more expensive? Surely the fit and finish/ride quality is superior to our lil s#itboxes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You could buy two new 2020 Mirage ES hatchbacks for what that Impreza cost. The Impreza seat was rock hard, unsupportive, and there wasn't much head room (and I'm 5' 9" so not real tall). The car had stupid manual climate control knobs that felt like they were going to break when I turned them (the 2020 Mirage ES comes with digital climate control). The Impreza had a lot of safety watchdog stuff on it the Mirage doesn't (except I think next year it will?) and more power, of course. AWD which I don't care about. It rode horrible... extra stiff and unpleasant. The transmission was a CVT and was god awful... if you accelerated more than a snail pace it would fake shift and it would do that really jerkily. I mean, I get that people hate CVT's but making them fake a regular automatic is so dumb. The lane keep thing also was really sensitive and would jerk the car back and forth to make sure it was absolutely centered in the lane. My wife rode in it a few times with me and she hated the seat as well. I'd say the materials inside the Subaru were okay... not as hard plastic-y as the Mirage but nowhere near as good as other cars costing the same.

I guess you'd have to compare it to a Mirage GT or the G4 SE to get similar features but that's still over a $10,000 difference in price!

Even comparing it to the 2019 Corolla XSE hatchback I used to have the Impreza is still like $4000 more than that was and the Corolla was superior to the Impreza in EVERY single way both quality wise and feature wise besides not having AWD and not offering a sunroof.

Oh yeah, with a nice long highway trip I took going about 75 the whole way (CVT Mirage I have usually gets like 38ish MPG on those) the Impreza had a nice average of 25 MPG. Woo boy. And, while some don't care about this, I looked under the hood for ease of service... yeah... screw that. The Boxer engines were never that friendly to access stuff and this thing is definitely no exception to that rule.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not really anything to do with a volt but who’s the idiot at GM that thought hey, let’s stick an O2 sensor tight in front of an exhaust stud...Attachment 19803
    This isn't a backyard exhaust hack job, this is how it came from the factoria in 2007.....Junk! I'm almost ready to go smashy smashy to that stupid thing and replace it with a new one. What would a dealership do?
    ​A dealership would charge $$$ and not even replace it...lol. seen it happen before. When my throttle cable on my Saturn broke the dealership charged me $200 and didn't install it. Then I installed it myself... And found the part online for $75. I was mad.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles