Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat upgrades

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    So the wifes getting a Mirage again but, we remember from owning the mirage before how much we both hated the seats. Shes also been spoiled by a much more luxurious car for awhile now. So we're looking for heated leather seats or just seats at all that fit into the car.

Has anyone thrown much into the car. I'd love to see after market seats. Probably thinking Evo 8 recaros and then heaters.
    I really don't understand this thread. If heated seats are that important to you, just buy one trim level up from the ES. The LE trim has heated seats. The difference between the ES, LE, SE, & GT (CVT models) is only $2,000 total. A top trim level GT only costs $2000 more than a base ES. That's comparing MSRP prices. Sale prices may be less of a difference. A LE can't be that more expensive than ES, & you will get nicer alloy wheels in the process, too.

The LE & GT have heated seats. Buy one of those!

If I knew that I was going to be that unhappy with the seats of a vehicle, I would just buy another vehicle. A fellow member from the UK (Chad) discovered he didn't like the ride of the Mirage, & he hated the seats. His solution was a different car. He went with a used Mercedes instead. I don't think he owned his new Mirage even a year. "Enough is enough!" was his thread -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ough-is-Enough!

If I didn't like the seats in a car, I would buy something else.

I have no issue with the Mirage seats. I like them! I do 4+ hour drives quite often. I'm 6' 1" and not skinny! I never feel cold in them, & I live in Wisconsin. I would never use heated seats even if I had them. My butt warms up fast enough!

Unless you're stuck on buying a 5-speed manual. heated seats come standard in some Mirage trim levels (LE & GT).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really don't understand this thread. If heated seats are that important to you, just buy one trim level up from the ES. The LE trim has heated seats. The difference between the ES, LE, SE, & GT (CVT models) is only $2,000 total. A top trim level GT only costs $2000 more than a base ES. That's comparing MSRP prices. Sale prices may be less of a difference. A LE can't be that more expensive than ES, & you will get nicer alloy wheels in the process, too.

The LE & GT have heated seats. Buy one of those!

If I knew that I was going to be that unhappy with the seats of a vehicle, I would just buy another vehicle. A fellow member from the UK (Chad) discovered he didn't like the ride of the Mirage, & he hated the seats. His solution was a different car. He went with a used Mercedes instead. I don't think he owned his new Mirage even a year. "Enough is enough!" was his thread -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ough-is-Enough!

If I didn't like the seats in a car, I would buy something else.

I have no issue with the Mirage seats. I like them! I do 4+ hour drives quite often. I'm 6' 1" and not skinny! I never feel cold in them, & I live in Wisconsin. I would never use heated seats even if I had them. My butt warms up fast enough!

Unless you're stuck on buying a 5-speed manual. heated seats come standard in some Mirage trim levels (LE & GT).
    I'm buying a used 2017 SE and its a manual transmission. The cvt is truly awful. We loved out 2014 5 speed until it was totaled and just want that but with a lot more features. The wifes been driving a Suzuki Kisashi fully loaded. So the mirage is a huge downgrade in features. But it makes sense for the reliability and the miles. Also seats arent the hugest deal ever. I've swapped seats in 3 cars now. In fact the kizashi wasnt fully loaded we just swapped everything into it from the highest trim.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm buying a used 2017 SE and its a manual transmission. The cvt is truly awful. We loved out 2014 5 speed until it was totaled and just want that but with a lot more features. The wifes been driving a Suzuki Kisashi fully loaded. So the mirage is a huge downgrade in features. But it makes sense for the reliability and the miles. Also seats arent the hugest deal ever. I've swapped seats in 3 cars now. In fact the kizashi wasnt fully loaded we just swapped everything into it from the highest trim.
    Ok, that makes more sense. If I missed that part, I apologize. 2017 is the only year for the SE manual. I remember that quite well, because I had to decide between a 2017 ES or SE manual when I bought mine. I wouldn't own a CVT anything. So I get where you are coming from now!

Features are really important to some. I had that discussion with a cousin yesterday. Features are really important to him. His next vehicle has to have more features than his current one. If his next vehicle doesn't have something he already has, he feels like he is settling for less. I find that odd, & I am the opposite. I could care less. Manual transmission is all I care about. Radio & A/C are nice to have, but I've bought vehicles without those features even. Adding a radio is not hard, however. I feel a base level Mirage is loaded these days. I find things like lane departure annoying. If someone really needs that features, I question them being on the road. I am driving instructor, however. I may look at it all differently. I also think touch screens on car dashes should be illegal. So I am old school. I don't set the standard for marketing vehicles!

It's odd that a lower level LE has heated seats, but the upper level SE doesn't. LE also has 15" alloy wheels, & the upper trim level has SE has 14" alloy wheels. The trim levels are odd, and not offering more manual options in other trim levels is not great either. LE didn't appear until 2018. It would have been a good trim level to offer as a manual, too!

Air bags being added to seats has changed things from a few years ago.

I really like a Mirage for what it is. I think Mitsubishi could market this car better, however!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok, that makes more sense. If I missed that part, I apologize. 2017 is the only year for the SE manual. I remember that quite well, because I had to decide between a 2017 ES or SE manual when I bought mine. I wouldn't own a CVT anything. So I get where you are coming from now!

Features are really important to some. I had that discussion with a cousin yesterday. Features are really important to him. His next vehicle has to have more features than his current one. If his next vehicle doesn't have something he already has, he feels like he is settling for less. I find that odd, & I am the opposite. I could care less. Manual transmission is all I care about. Radio & A/C are nice to have, but I've bought vehicles without those features even. Adding a radio is not hard, however. I feel a base level Mirage is loaded these days. I find things like lane departure annoying. If someone really needs that features, I question them being on the road. I am driving instructor, however. I may look at it all differently. I also think touch screens on car dashes should be illegal. So I am old school. I don't set the standard for marketing vehicles!

It's odd that a lower level LE has heated seats, but the upper level SE doesn't. LE also has 15" alloy wheels, & the upper trim level has SE has 14" alloy wheels. The trim levels are odd, and not offering more manual options in other trim levels is not great either. LE didn't appear until 2018. It would have been a good trim level to offer as a manual, too!

Air bags being added to seats has changed things from a few years ago.

I really like a Mirage for what it is. I think Mitsubishi could market this car better, however!
    Reviewers are idiots and don't the see appeal of this car. It really hurts there market. When I use to sell these I never had anyone who didnt absolutely love them. I don't think that reviewers take into consider how cheap they actually sell for, that they've got features that young buyers want and the number one thing is the warranty is super long and the gas mileage super high.

Features matter to me because most of my cars are forever cars at this point. My wife not in much but she tries. I've had somewhere around 30 cars in my life but, everything i've bought since the Evo came out has been a keeper. My evo is the longest i've ever owned a car at going on 8 years now.
    Last edited by Clessy; 11-24-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Reviewers are idiots and don't the appeal of this car. It really hurts there market. When I use to sell these I never had anyone who didnt absolutely love them. I don't think that reviewers take into consider how cheap they actually sell for, that they've got features that young buyers want and the number one thing is the warranty is super long and the gas mileage super high.
    I agree with you totally! Mitsubishi could market the car at a more realistic MSRP to start with & that would help. I almost overlooked a Mirage because of that.

The difference between a base level Mirage ES CVT & a base level Honda Fit LX CVT (130 hp) is $1501 MSRP (when including destination charges). Those who review cars look at that, & they overlook the discounts offered on a Mirage. I blame that on Mitsubishi not the reviewers. You can't really say the Mirage is the cheapest car sold in America, & it should be. Sadly, it probably is the cheapest car sold (but not everywhere). I can usually find new Sparks as cheap or cheaper.

I bought a Mirage when they were selling for $9,000 (under $10,000 OTD) in 2017. If I could have bought a brand new Honda Fit LX manual for under $10,000 OTD, I would have bought one of those instead.

The Mirage should always have a base level model that makes it the cheapest car sold in America. They offer 4-5 trim levels each year. Add more features to the upper trim levels for those who cherish those. Instead, Mitsubishi has offered nothing new since 2017. Adding existing features to the base level is not adding new features to the the line up. It's just made the base level less appealing to someone like me. I wouldn't buy a new Mirage at its current pricing. I would be buying a used one like you are doing.

A Mirage must be affordable, reliable, & economical to remain appealing to someone like me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with you totally! Mitsubishi could market the car at a more realistic MSRP to start with & that would help. I almost overlooked a Mirage because of that.

The difference between a base level Mirage ES CVT & a base level Honda Fit LX CVT (130 hp) is $1501 MSRP (when including destination charges). Those who review cars look at that, & they overlook the discounts offered on a Mirage. I blame that on Mitsubishi not the reviewers. You can't really say the Mirage is the cheapest car sold in America, & it should be. Sadly, it probably is the cheapest car sold (but not everywhere). I can usually find new Sparks as cheap or cheaper.

I bought a Mirage when they were selling for $9,000 (under $10,000 OTD) in 2017. If I could have bought a brand new Honda Fit LX manual for under $10,000 OTD, I would have bought one of those instead.

The Mirage should always have a base level model that makes it the cheapest car sold in America. They offer 4-5 trim levels each year. Add more features to the upper trim levels for those who cherish those. Instead, Mitsubishi has offered nothing new since 2017. Adding existing features to the base level is not adding new features to the the line up. It's just made the base level less appealing to someone like me. I wouldn't buy a new Mirage at its current pricing. I would be buying a used one like you are doing.

A Mirage must be affordable, reliable, & economical to remain appealing to someone like me.
    What really sucks right now is the used car market is sky high due to the current climate. You'll pay more for a used one than a new one and new ones have virtually nothing off them right now.

Honestly a mirage should cost $8500 for the base trim everyday.

I used Mirages prices are up around here too. I paid $6000 for my 14 with 30 something thousand km's on it a year ago. The cheapest one I could find lately was almost $7000 and has around 130,000kms.

The heated seats in mine are ridiculously hot. Can't use the high setting for more than a few mins.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  4npro3.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  78.3 KB

CVT ain't really bad if you take care of it and your right a Kizashi AWD to a Mirage is a downgrade except in fuel economy lol. What happened to the Suzuki? How many miles on it? I understand it had the JATCO CVT7 too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

CVT ain't really bad if you take care of it and your right a Kizashi AWD to a Mirage is a downgrade except in fuel economy lol. What happened to the Suzuki? How many miles on it? I understand it had the JATCO CVT7 too.
    We've got a manual kizashi fwd. Always go with manuals :P CVT require to much maintance at the moment. Thought I think toyotas 1 real gear plus a cvt is a real winner.

Its got a leaking headgasket even thought its minor, it needs a inner tie rod and the wind shield wiper motor is broken. While i've got 2 of those parts already bought, I think im cutting my losses on that head gasket. It's an amazing car but not being able to source any new parts for a decent price and always replacing things with more used parts sucks. I've replaced the rotors and breaks all the way around, spark plugs, both outer tie rods, rear struts, passenger hub, all the belts and just the 4 new tires all the way around for $883. We take care of it but I kinda just get tired of working on it. I'm up in the air if I wanna trade it or not. I want someone to drive and love it as its still a fantastic car and I plan to fix the wind shield wiper and tie rod before I'd private sale it. If it wasnt my wifes daily and it was mine i'd fix everything, repaint the car and keep on loving it. She just isnt into cars and doesnt get anything out of working on them. Shes got around 160 miles on her.
    Last edited by Clessy; 11-24-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Clarification on my part - I have always bought manuals & that goes back long before CVT were common. You probably already know that about me.

When I do a vehicle search, a manual transmission is the first sort that I do. Sometimes, it's the only sort I do for a certain model vehicle. Some day I may need to let my manual transmission guard down, but I wouldn't be here if a Mirage manual didn't exist.

So many transmissions on the market today are unproven, & that includes automatic transmissions. By comparison, the Mirage does appear to do quite well with a CVT.

Years ago the term "standard transmission" meant a manual transmission. Those days are gone!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-25-2020)