Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seat upgrades

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Years ago the term "standard transmission" meant a manual transmission. Those days are gone!
    We should bring the term back. Let the campaign start here and now. Good times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was thinking about this today.

OEM Recaros from a 2015 Lancer have the same built-in side airbags. How standardized is Mitsubishi's seat hardware? Would one be able to swap a Lancer seat into a Mirage?

I would try looking things up myself, but I have zero experience with seat swaps, and my eyes aren't working too good ATM. Hoping other forum members could chime in.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I was thinking about this today.

OEM Recaros from a 2015 Lancer have the same built-in side airbags. How standardized is Mitsubishi's seat hardware? Would one be able to swap a Lancer seat into a Mirage?

I would try looking things up myself, but I have zero experience with seat swaps, and my eyes aren't working too good ATM. Hoping other forum members could chime in.
    This has been discussed as a possibility but from the Outlander Sport which is basically a Lancer. The seats probably would be a little wider than the Mirage's but until someone gets a set and tries to swap them in it's all theory.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I personally know a lot of things swap effortless. Evo X recaros fit into 4th gen eclipses and if I remember correctly the heated MR seats even work in the eclipse GT because it uses the same connector for the heater. Most manufactures try to keep a universal standard with their cars. You normally need to change rails and thats about it. The evo X recaros seem vastly to wide for a mirage though. The 7-9 recaros are very slim and tight. A lot of people dont find them comfortable but I like the feeling of being hugged and supported when im a car, especially for long durations as I've got a terrible back.