Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I drive the mirage everyday...

I find myself comparing a months worth of fuel to whatever pile of garbage that's gonna be sitting on the front steps when I get home. The wife is addicted to Amazon....Years worth of fuel down the drain every few months

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really like owning a small economy car like a Mirage. It gives me this sense of "guilt free" driving. I don't know how else to explain it? It gets me where I need to be without be flashy or excessive. Even though it's not an electric car, I like knowing it has great fuel economy. I also like that it competes with a hybrid without the hybrid technology & added costs. Compared to owning a Smart car, a Mirage has more space & gets better fuel economy. Those are all big pluses in my mind.

If I had to drive around/through large city freeways more often, I may feel better with something more substantial (like a VW Golf). For my rural SW Wisconsin area, the Mirage a great car to have. I live in area where Madison is 65 miles to east, & LaCrosse is 70 miles to the west. Visiting a more substantial city (two-lane state highways @ 55 mph going in either direction) is a haul, & the Mirage is great for doing that. Even when I head to my parents (north of Green Bay), I travel 120 miles across the state (2-lane, 55 mph highways) before I hit a 4-lane highway heading more north (another 100 miles). When I do hit the 4-lane highway in Oshkosh, a Mirage going 70 mph down the highway is traveling just as fast any other more expensive vehicle going 70 mph.

The Mirage gives me that same feeling that my 1990 Ford Festiva (paid $5,300 brand new after Ford rebate) gave me years ago. I like cars that are affordable, reliable, & very economical. I drove the Festiva for 14 years, & I hope to do the same or more with my Mirage. What's the nicest thing about simple, affordable, reliable cars like these? They can't really depreciate more than what you paid for them (no matter how long you own/drive them).

If more people drove cars like the Mirage, the World would surely be a much better place!
    I agree, plus it's fun when revving the car up to 6k rpm.... "Guilt free Driving" indeed
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

And You can floor it away from an intersection and never worry about getting a stunting or speeding ticket lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why Floor it? Just tell the guy next to you "I'll see you at the gas station, oh no l won't hahaha" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Why Floor it?
    Because racecar

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    lol, that's why they make the Lancer EVO.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-27-2020)