Thread: How I drive the mirage everyday...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

How I drive the mirage everyday...

I'd wager to say that most everyone on here drives the mirage for the MPG or warranty or price. While those three were in my mind when I purchased the vehicle, also knowing that the car can withstand the rough streets of developing countries (see: I'm Filipino) made it an easy sell.

Since I have nothing better to do at work, I've been catching up on a lot of reading. What I'm on at this moment is Road & Track's 2020 Performance Car of the Year article. I've been reading the article for a while now and got stopped on my tracks when I read the paragraph below:

You have to be comfortable owning a car you have to beat the hell out of all the time,” Farah said. “It’s not fun if you’re going slow and the whole thing is vibrating. It’s buzzy.
    That quote basically describes the mirage and how I drive it on my 40-50 min drive to/from work. I usually hum to the tunes of 75-80mph with the occasional stop-n-go and rev up to over 5k to to overtake idiots that drive the speed limit on the left/fast lane.

I'm happy to report, that a little over a month has gone by since I started this new job and the mirage has been performing admirably. It seems not a drop of oil has been consumed. The only issues I seem to be noticing are a hum/drone at 40 then again at 80mph. Also, every so often, after I have "oh **** I have to stop NOW" scenarios, there is a different metal-to-metal sound that is different than the normal pad/rotor sound. Since there's nothing better to do this long weekend, I'll pull the brakes apart, clean and lube them well.

I guess all I'm saying is that I'm thankful for the mirage.

Have a nice Thanksgiving y'all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-25-2020),inuvik (11-25-2020),MirageRally (11-25-2020)