Thread: Phone/tablet/TV/pool tables

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Phone/tablet/TV/pool tables

Inquiring minds need to know, preferably with pictures,

Just what clever/ingenious/chicom/retail/rube goldberg/contraptions do you employ to mount your various Audio Visual devices to your Mirage?

Who wins for having the largest LCD/Plasma screen in their Mirage?

Thanks in advance!

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I mount my smartphone on my wrist... Like James Bond and use Google to say commands for whatever I need.... I barely use the radio.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I mount my smartphone on my wrist... Like James Bond and use Google to say commands for whatever I need.... I barely use the radio.
    Mounted to your wrist sounds like a hands free device to me!

Wonder how a judge would rule on that one?

I say that, because I tested for class A, B, & C commercial driving license in September. Commercial drivers can face a fine of $2,750 for using a cell phone while driving. Trucking companies that allow their drivers to use phone can be fined up to $11,000.

"Fines and Penalties - Using a hand-held mobile phone while driving a CMV can result in driver disqualification. Penalties can be up to $2,750 for drivers and up to $11,000 for employers who allow or require drivers to use a hand-held communications device while driving."

taken from https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/driver-saf...ons-fact-sheet

but this was also covered quite well in class! A hands free device can be used, but you aren't allowed to push more than one button once to activate it while driving. After spending some time behind the steering wheel of an 18 wheeler, I am glad about this!

I don't think electronic devices should be on while driving. I don't have a problem with google maps shouting out directions, but looking a screen for just a moment is scary. I am not a fan of touchscreen devices on vehicles. It's why we need lane departure warnings, automatic braking, and adaptive cruise control these days. I am not a big fan of this trend on cars, but it's probably here to stay.

So my suggestion to the original question would be turn everything off. Look at a good map of where you want to go & snap a picture of it in your mind. Write down a few exit # if need be. I can't tell how many times, google maps has let me down when I could have really used it. A few exit numbers written on a piece of paper has saved the day more than once.

Kids must wonder how life could exist without cell phones? Imagine TVs without remotes!

My grandparents appreciated indoor plumbing. Times change I guess!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It sucks Mark about using smartphones... I literally saw a couple texting each other while in a restaurant... While sitting across from each other! They were talk texting...ugh, how times have changed...I had a flip phone since 2019! I wish I could go back to simpler times...
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Mark (11-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...and here I thought all the extra safety features were to help in those rare cases when someone makes an honest mistake. It's to offset people's unwillingness to focus on the road. Easier to make the car more autonomous instead of changing people's behaviors I guess. It's really sad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)