Thread: All models of stock radios that come with the Mirage worldwide?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

All models of stock radios that come with the Mirage worldwide?

I looked for this but was unable to find a post or sticky anywhere. Does anyone have a list of what years of Mirage's had which model of stock radio as an option? Curious on the different combinations of features available.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    I looked for this but was unable to find a post or sticky anywhere. Does anyone have a list of what years of Mirage's had which model of stock radio as an option? Curious on the different combinations of features available.
    The basic radio without a screen in my 2017 Mirage ES disappeared in 2018, because backup cameras became mandatory that year.

Not a complete answer to your question, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The basic radio without a screen in my 2017 Mirage ES disappeared in 2018, because backup cameras became mandatory that year.

Not a complete answer to your question, however.
    That's a start. at least for the states. Thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is U.S. stuff, couldn't tell you about other places and their sound equipment.

14-17 had the basic cd player with a USB port in the glove box and an aux in on the face of the unit. (By the way, I have THREE of those now sitting in a cabinet. Someone want to buy one? LOL) 14-15 ES models also had a bluetooth interface box from the factory that can stream audio through this headunit. I don't know anything about the dealer add on bluetooth setup. This headunit was made by Mitsubishi Electric and the ES bluetooth module was by Johnson Controls.

14-15 also had an optional navigation system that stored it's map data on a memory card. This also had bluetooth streaming abilities and the USB port in the glovebox. I personally liked this unit and was in a car I bought that the trans died and the dealer refunded me instead of fixing the car. This unit was made by Clarion.

17-20 SE, LE, GT, and the odd ES G4 with a smartphone hook up package has a unit made by Hyundai Mobis that has a cd/dvd player, bluetooth, and USB. It has the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities. The unit itself actually runs Android OS as well... I think it's 4.4.2 but I can't remember exactly. Three band EQ on this guy which is nice. 6.5" touch screen on this.

18-20 ES has a 7" touch screen with Bluetooth and the microphone built into the front. Has an HD radio tuner as well which for some reason the "nicer" unit lacks. No CD drive. Made by Mitsubishi Electric. Pretty basic unit as far as functionality is concerned but works okay.

Also, there's a Rockford Fosgate audio upgrade for these cars. I've bought and installed a few of the ones for the hatchback model, the sedan one is the same with a different sub box to fit with the spare tire. The amp is a 300 watt five(maybe six?) channel amp that takes the high level input from the stereo itself and it actually uses 150 watts for the door speakers and then 150 watts for the two speaker subwoofer box. It's a nice upgrade but not for the price they normally sell for at the dealer.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (11-28-2020)