Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Funny, Rude or Random Comments Made About Your Mirage?

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If you want to beat the ding on interest payments on your mortgage, consider making lump sum payments every year. My bank lets me do up to 10% every year. So simple to pay off your mortgage in 10 years then.

My plan is to make my 25 year mortgage, a 15 year mortgage, simply by putting a lump sum down every year. It doesn't have to be an exorbitant amount either. Now I'm one of those people who had a <100k mortgage to begin with.

That way I'm saving thousands on interest payments, as well as being mortgage-free a decade earlier.
    Unless you have a horrible paying job or some expensive hobbies that should be pretty easily attainable. I envy your debt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If you want to beat the ding on interest payments on your mortgage, consider making lump sum payments every year.
    At 2.875% on a 15 year mortgage, I'm already beating the hell out of the ding on mortgage interest.

It is financed so well that I don't bother to pay extra. I spend any remaining money on hookers and blackjack.

I do my own taxes, when I got to the point where the Standard Deduction was greater than Itemized, I went WOAH. It opened my eyes. I always thought it was better to Itemize Deductions. Well ... it is better, to take the higher deduction regardless. However, once you get to the point where the Standard Deduction is the higher deduction, a person is wasting VERY LITTLE money on interest. Hence the I'm dinging the hell out of mortgage interest. Hence the hookers and blackjack.

I have a close personal friend who does taxes (out of state). I called him and asked him if it weren't a good thing that I am now taking the Standard Deduction. He said, "Yes ... and welcome to the club, you're doing GREAT."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-04-2020)

I think we need a grown up to make this it's own thread. It'd be neat to see the differences between mortgages across the boarder. Here there is no such thing as a 30 year mortgage and it's normal to refinance every 5 years rather than lock in a rate for the entire 10-25 year term. I don't even think that's an option here. Interest isn't tax deductible either. The payroll company my work uses usually takes the correct amount of deductions off my paycheck so I usually don't get much of a refund. I used to get nice refund when I was single paying as much for daycare as I did for my mortgage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I envy your debt.
    Debt free - the way to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I spend any remaining money on hookers and blackjack.
    Sarcasm can be lost online, so don't be surprised if others take you for your word.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just love bender...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At 2.875% on a 15 year mortgage, I'm already beating the hell out of the ding on mortgage interest.

It is financed so well that I don't bother to pay extra. I spend any remaining money on hookers and blackjack.

I do my own taxes, when I got to the point where the Standard Deduction was greater than Itemized, I went WOAH. It opened my eyes. I always thought it was better to Itemize Deductions. Well ... it is better, to take the higher deduction regardless. However, once you get to the point where the Standard Deduction is the higher deduction, a person is wasting VERY LITTLE money on interest. Hence the I'm dinging the hell out of mortgage interest. Hence the hookers and blackjack.

I have a close personal friend who does taxes (out of state). I called him and asked him if it weren't a good thing that I am now taking the Standard Deduction. He said, "Yes ... and welcome to the club, you're doing GREAT."
    But, how are you supposed to WRITE off your hookers as business lunches now? Real deal all of these thread needs to be moved because its mostly and interest rate and bills thread now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm still learning stuff I wish they taught in HS. Would have really helped me along.
    Last edited by MirageRally; 01-31-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I'm still learning stuff I wish they taught in HS. Would have really helped me along.
    Like blackjack? And hookers?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Like blackjack? And hookers?
    LOL just go to college and you'll see that...haha.

Last edited by MirageRally; 01-31-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles