Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny, Rude or Random Comments Made About Your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Funny, Rude or Random Comments Made About Your Mirage?

Over the last two years of ownership, I've received a lot of comments from perfect strangers about my mirage. Some complementary and some not so much. It seems to be a very polarizing car (especially in kiwi green).

For example, while pumping gas a few months ago, a guy said to his girlfriend while walking by "That has got to be the ugliest color I have ever seen on a car." Mind you, he said it all of 5 feet from me and was looking straight at me when he said it. Yesterday while at the Taco Bell drive-through window, the cashier said to another employee standing near her "Look at his car. Looks like he's driving a big olive." It never seems to fail, when elementary school age children see my car they gawk and sometimes yell "Look at that car!" to their parents or friends. It's all pretty funny.

What kinds of comments have you received about your mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never had any comments from random people, but I do notice people staring at the pink.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I get a lot of questions like "I've never seen this car before" and "Who makes this car". I get a fair amount "I bet you get awesome mileage". Since in Oregon we don't pump our own fuel at gas stations I get "5.5 gallons, is that enough?" from the fuel attendants.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A mechanic at the quick lube did say to me "Wow, they've changed the Mirage a lot from back in the day." Oddly enough, no one has approached and asked what kind of mileage I get. I got that question pretty much every other visit to the gas station with my Honda PCX125.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Micro uber
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I had a comment from the old neighbor guy... "HIT A SQUIRREL AND YOUR DEAD!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cretbo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-01-2016),wellswebdesign (09-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had more than a few attractive women tell me my blue car is "Cute".

I've got a dingbat friend who went for a ride in it, asked if it was "fast"... I let the light turn green, and really gave "MacBeth" (Car's name) a footful of throttle, and over the snarl of the engine, the scream of the tires, and the cries of the damned, I heard him ask how big a V6 it had in it - he had never heard a 3 cylinder run. Said it was far faster than his '93 explorer... I bet it is. Was mildly upset to count three spark plugs.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I had it stock I got some "cute" comments from old grannies from my brother's girlfriend. But mostly the people poking fun at me are my buddies in Bodybuilding Misc. Whenever they see a Mirage they send me a Snap Chat with the words "a wild mark appeared."
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Tinker1980 - I rarely do stop light drag races, but the other day, I raced a Prius so I could get in front of it when two lanes merged to 1 and a long, windy downhill ensued. I have the manual and pushed it as hard as I could, but the Prius still won. I don't under any circumstances consider the Mirage to be anything even remotely quick.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Someone out there probably knows for sure, but I think 0-60mph with the CVT is in the 10-12sec range. No clue about the manual. That's actually not bad for a 3cyl. economy car, but compared to most modern cars, it's slow as dirt. I don't even attempt to jump people at red lights or make gutsy passing maneuvers. This is the kind of car you have to think ahead and plan your moves in advance.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (09-03-2016)