Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny, Rude or Random Comments Made About Your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've only gotten one comment (so far). It was by one of the other veterans I work with. He drives a Charger Hellcat. We pulled up to work at the same time and he said "so this is the gas saver, huh?" I told him 48mpg ain't too bad and he said "well I can't argue with you there". Having different interests doesn't mean you can't appreciate your differences.

Last edited by precisionxt; 11-29-2020 at 07:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Mark (11-29-2020),MetroMPG (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I was at the dealer yesterday I had popped the hood on a mirage in the showroom. An old man walked by and asked if I was looking for the gerbils.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (01-30-2021),MetroMPG (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dont get how people cant get the cool factor. I mean I drive an Evo and we own a mirage. They're both totally cool in their own ways. I dont want to always drive 400+ hp car that gets around 15mpg on premium and yet still has a tiny gas tank. I also think the styling of the mirage is nice and appealing. Its one of the reason I like it more so than the versa which would have been the other choice.

The only comment we get it is when in conversation about the car they're shocked its a 3 cylinder.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drive mine to car meets and when I do open the hood, people surround it JUST to see a 3 cylinder powered car. And I guess that's a neat thing about the Mirage...it only has 3 cylinders.

What people have said:
    "I wish I had that gas mileage"
    "those are some tiny ass tires!"
    "the battery looks bigger than the engine"
    "gets better mileage than my prius" < I haha'd that dude's comment.

Overall, the car gets a lot of crap online but in reality, people want this car because it is the modern 'beater'. Around my town, you can get find a 14-15 model for under $5-6k all day with under 100,000 miles. That's a pretty fair price. But I'm still shocked at how well the value is staying for the Mirages though. I thought they'd dip under $3k after 2020 but nope, I've seen them sell pretty quickly for $5k decent condition ones. So, I guess some people are noticing these.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-30-2020),MetroMPG (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    When I was at the dealer yesterday I had popped the hood on a mirage in the showroom. An old man walked by and asked if I was looking for the gerbils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Everyone thinks it's an old 15 year old metro or something.
    Two actual LOL's here. Thanks, people!

---

I'm trying to remember if anyone's ever said anything unconditionally nice about mine... I think the closest was a friend who said "can you find me one?!" when I told him how little it cost.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I also get asked how much I paid for my car. When I say $6000, they make a face like I overpaid so I have to explain it only had 37,000km on it and it' was only 5 years old, and has heated seats. Everyone thinks it's an old 15 year old metro or something. Nothing against metro's lol
    I got the exact same thing from a friend who was down and out and needed a car. Like desperately. And they had like $3500 dollars to their name that they were going to go put as a down payment at a High Interest Skeeze lot. I said man for less than that I will sell you the Mirage, just because you are my friend and it's really nice not to have a car payment, and when I said I would take exactly what I had in it which was $2800 cash (not really true since I had serviced it and put brakes and tires on it) He WINCED like I had punched him and said 2800 FOR THAT?!?!?

Actually kind of hurt my feelings, except really more I hurt for them because they will never get out of the cycle...

And now they are over paying monthly for a Ford Fusion... LE SIGH
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    OMG! People are amazing. You were good to make them such an offer. Some people have NO CONCEPT of VALUE. You can't do anything about stupid.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-30-2020)

Le sigh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got the exact same thing from a friend who was down and out and needed a car. Like desperately. And they had like $3500 dollars to their name that they were going to go put as a down payment at a High Interest Skeeze lot. I said man for less than that I will sell you the Mirage, just because you are my friend and it's really nice not to have a car payment, and when I said I would take exactly what I had in it which was $2800 cash (not really true since I had serviced it and put brakes and tires on it) He WINCED like I had punched him and said 2800 FOR THAT?!?!?

Actually kind of hurt my feelings, except really more I hurt for them because they will never get out of the cycle...

You're a good friend for being willing to sell it for that cheap and to help him dig out of that money pit of monthly car payments. Hope he learns to at least appreciate that you were willing to take a loss to help a buddy out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I've given up caring about people in **** situations. I've found that for every 100 people who are in a bad way only around 1 person was actually just unfortunate. The rest of the people are idiots and have done it to themselves and deserve it. I find this especially true with cars. We wouldnt have even bought another car unless we could afford to buy it out right even thought we didnt. I live well outside my means and yet I still know how to balance everything and have most of my bills paid out well over 6 months out. You don't have to be rich to be stable.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (01-30-2021),Fummins (12-01-2020),MirageRally (12-01-2020)