Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good replacement radio for 2015 Mirage DE?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-....c100290.m3507 This also wouldnt show RDS? Hell that might be what we have already lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is what you have. No rds.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, USA region head units are rather lacking, I'm afraid... No unicode support, either.

If you have the time and patience it's probably worth upgrading to a Kenwood or something. However, that will probably end up costing more than $40, lol. At least, if you want one that isn't garbage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

Clessy (12-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the Dual radio, dash adapter, and harness. The harness is made but I am having a problem. The face of the radio seems to need to be behind the faceplace but there is no way the adapter sleeve of the radio will fit. It seems like this Dual brand is not going to fit into this face without major modifications.

Am I doing something wrong? Nothing in any of the directions seem to indicate I am missing anything here. The body of the radio is too wide for the face to fit in front of the face without me grinding or cutting around the edges a tad. The face is too thick for the radio to sit behind the adapter plate as well. It looks like this thing would just be floating in there without the adapter sleeve as well. Do I omit some part that came with this kit or modify it a tad?

This is what I bought. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/149964281 The side brackets will not attach with the radio sitting behind the faceplate adapter.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, you don't use the sleeve. The radio will screw directly into the brackets there. Also, there's a trim ring around the radio that you won't use in this instance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Too bad you're down in Missouri, it would be way easier for me to show you than try to explain it on here. If you do some looking online you should find some info or maybe take your purchase to a small car stereo shop and flip them a few dollars and they can help you get it mounted into the bracket and stuff just fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Oh, you don't use the sleeve. The radio will screw directly into the brackets there. Also, there's a trim ring around the radio that you won't use in this instance.
    Ok, so I can remove a trim ring? I pulled the entire front face off but then the buttons fell off and I had to put them back in their place. It looked like the front and the outside trim was all one piece and that it wasn't easy to snap or break off. I was of course not wanting to damage it but feel the outside trim is the problem. How does one remove this?

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It should just snap off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    It should just snap off.
    Maybe I didn't use enough force. I was worried about breaking something. Let me check.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have really put some muscle into this thing and it is starting to crack. I think it really isn't meant to be removed but I will buzz it off with a Dremel tomorrow. If I ruin a $16 radio, I will just get something else.

I removed the faceplate again the the buttons fell off of course to look at the backside. The outer ring doesn't look like it is meant to be removed but that should make this work. I can see plastic webbing between the outer and inner ring. This isn't just something that will come right off. Anyway, I will buzz it off with a dremel and any cosmetic damage should be covered by the adapter plate.

Conor